• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request (Simple, but MUST be MUI MPI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Basically I have a very specific need for this spell.
It's called "Throw Rope" (Hotkey P)

What it does is, the casting unit throws a rope up to 400 range away (you must have explored where you throw it and it cannot be on top of a place you wouldn't be able to blink to), you wait 10 seconds (text will appear to just the casting player saying "just a few more seconds and the rope will be strong enough to climb"), and then the casting unit climbs across.

It needs to be MUI and MPI because every player on my map will have this skill.
It needs to be a one level unit ability (not hero) and it needs to cost 2 mana to use, with a cooldown of two minutes.

Also please don't use "temploc" or any variety for a location variable, as I'm using that already. Can you use something like "ropeloc" or something along those lines.

I attempted to do it myself, and it just didn't work, it glitched and the casting unit got stuck.

If anyone could help me that would be great!

Level 14
I'm not the best at spellmaking but a tip for naming your variables;
add a prefix to them.

What I do is for the name of the spell, I take the first two letters if it's a one-word name,
or for a multi-word name I take the first letter of each word and use that as a prefix for the variables.

For example:

Swift Overload = SW
"SW_TempLoc00"
"SW_CasterInt"

Tempest = Te
"Te_TempLoc00"
"Te_CasterInt"

That helps keep your variables organized, so you'll always be able to remember which one is for which system and such.

Level 14
I'm not the best at spellmaking but a tip for naming your variables;
add a prefix to them.

What I do is for the name of the spell, I take the first two letters if it's a one-word name,
or for a multi-word name I take the first letter of each word and use that as a prefix for the variables.

For example:

Swift Overload = SW
"SW_TempLoc00"
"SW_CasterInt"

Tempest = Te
"Te_TempLoc00"
"Te_CasterInt"

That helps keep your variables organized, so you'll always be able to remember which one is for which system and such.

Hey thanks for the advice! I'm gonna do that with all my future variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.