• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request: (Shadow Mirror ) can be VJASS or GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi there, i am making an request for a spell which i tried to do but only got it half way to work...

Spell name : Shadow Mirror
Type: Passive
Describtion: Whenever the hero gets attacked, he will have 5/6/7/8/9% chance to create a mirror image of himself at the location, the hero then charges swiftly towards the attacker and appears behind him.

the mirror images take 200% extra damage and deal 40% hero damage.
the mirror image can also trigger the passive ability.

+ rep and credits if anyone can do this for me! thx

Level 4
could not create the mirror image of the hero.... i have no idea how to do that... i tried to do

add ability mirror image to (triggering hero) order hero do mirror image.
but that takes some delay and i want the mirror to appear right away in the position of the hero so the enemy gets confused you know what i mean?

Level 15
Okay I created this spell for you. I made it just like you asked...I think. The only things I have in the Object Editor are the spell, the buff (which are both based off of Endurance Aura), Wand of Illusion (Item), and Illusion Creator (item ability).

The coding might seem a little weird in two spots. I used the GUI Event "Unit is attacked" knowing full well that it has problems, but I doubt anyone would purposefully abuse it in this situation. If it really is a problem a damage detection system could be implemented. Second, I use a 0.20 second wait between the image being created and the hero moving for 2 reasons. The first is that if I don't have it the image isn't created until after the hero moved. The second is that it stops the hero from getting raped via multiple ranged units hitting him at once.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=1qta6u

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.