• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell request : 'Create Vampire', click for details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I would like someone out there to make a spell for me. I have tried and tried and failed. What I want is a cross between 'Doom' and 'Spirit of Vengence'. It should damage a unit over 3-5 secs, then spawn a unit that is linked to the caster in the same way 'Spirit of Vengence' is linked to 'Avatar of Vengence'. The spwaned unit should be the same as the casting unit. The overall efect is that when a vampire is killed all the vamps he created should die. Max Vamps per Vamp=8. Thanks in advance.

Level 11
This is pretty easy... Changed the DoomGuard spawned by the Doom spell to another unit. Give the unit another custom ability based on Spirit of Vengeance which rises small vampires. I'm not sure if this will work but I hope this is what you are looking for. Your info is really poor and I can't get what you totally mean.

Level 6
What i meant was a Vampire would 'bite' a friend or foe then that unit would take damage until it dies, it would then become another Vampire, exactly the same as the one that created it, but when the creator dies all the created vamp's go with it. What happens to the Doom Guard replacement?

Level 11
Hmm... I have a quick idea about the creator stuff with JASS. Let's take like this:

1) Vampire 1 spawns 2,3 and 4
2) Vampire 3 spawns 4 and 5
3) Vampire 5 spawns 6 and 7

Now, if Vampire 3 dies, Vampire 4,5,6,7 die, right? If so I'll quickly make you the script. Now, for the turning into a vampire stuff it is piece of pie.

Event - An unit is attacked
Conditions - Attacking unit is equal to (Vampire)
Actions - Create one Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Attacking Unit)) at position of (Attacked Unit)
- set 1 seconds Expiration Timer to (Last Created Unit)
- Order (last Created Unit) to Neutral - Pit Lord - Doom (Attacked Unit)

The thing would be the give the dummy unit a doom spell made by you which would summon vampire units. You can put the stats of that doom spell however you want.

For the spawning, I have to make the script. Once it is done, I will give it to you here. The thing is that I am pretty busy with other spells but I'll get the time to do it, hopefully.

~Daelin[/code]

Level 6
1: Thanks a heap to Daelin, this script does it go into the "Custom Script" part? Oh, and thanks again.

2: I don't think carrion beetles die stright away when the Crypt Lord dies, they might die some time later. If not, then Spirit of Vengence is exactly the same other than the different values.

3: Thanks Daelin, I've been working on this thing for ages.

Level 6
Hmm... I have a quick idea about the creator stuff with JASS. Let's take like this:

1) Vampire 1 spawns 2,3 and 4
2) Vampire 3 spawns 4 and 5
3) Vampire 5 spawns 6 and 7

Now, if Vampire 3 dies, Vampire 4,5,6,7 die, right? If so I'll quickly make you the script. Now, for the turning into a vampire stuff it is piece of pie.

Event - An unit is attacked
Conditions - Attacking unit is equal to (Vampire)
Actions - Create one Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Attacking Unit)) at position of (Attacked Unit)
- set 1 seconds Expiration Timer to (Last Created Unit)
- Order (last Created Unit) to Neutral - Pit Lord - Doom (Attacked Unit)

The thing would be the give the dummy unit a doom spell made by you which would summon vampire units. You can put the stats of that doom spell however you want.

For the spawning, I have to make the script. Once it is done, I will give it to you here. The thing is that I am pretty busy with other spells but I'll get the time to do it, hopefully.

~Daelin[/code]
Still Waiting. :D :) :( :? :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.