• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spell and trigger combos, spell help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
ok first of all I'd like to know how I can make a unit cast an ability at a certain point I'm thinking it's a trigger but I cant seem to find anything, obviously I use the time-periodic event as an event but I don't know what I need for the condition and action, also I have certain self-buffing effects like a heal that can only work on self, but whenever I cast it I must click on my unit, is there a way to make a priest's heal ability cast like divine shield so you don't need to select yourself as a target?

Level 11
Lol, every x seconds? Just use the following action:

Unit - Issue Order Targeting a Point

For the second ability, use a berserk with 0.01 duration and have a dummy unit cast heal on you. You really need to learn how to make trigger enchanced spells. Right now I am working on a tutorial which teaches those starting from 0. I may be able to submit it next week. Its hard work since there is lots of information to write!

~Daelin

Level 10
lol I tried the "issue order targeting a point" but all the spell orders are premade, I cant make thie unit cast my custom made ability, I found a way to work around it though so that's alright
test1 Copy
test1 Copy
Events
Time - Every 6.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Polymorph Priestess (Red) 0021 <gen> using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in PPVis Copy <gen>) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a (Unit-type of (Random unit from (Units in Rect 027 <gen>))) using The new unit's default life and mana
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Polymorph\PolyMorphTarget.mdl

basically, every 6 seconds, every unit in this region will transform into a random critter, everytime this happens, an exclamation mark pops up above the priestesses head, letting you know it's happening, then the units get transformed with the blink apecial effect above their heads, thx for the other ability help man ^.^

edit- lol I also try to do all my abilitys without using the dummy units, sometimes they mess up other abilities, like they get killed by one that targets the closest unit =.=" I found out that I could just make them invulnerable of course but still.... currently I set it up the way you told me but I'm also trying to make it like divine shield, but instead of turning you invincable it'll heal you as long as you have it on ^.^

Level 11
Of course you can't find the custom ability to cast it. You order the unit to cast the root ability. If for example you based your spell off Polymorph, you would order the unit to cast the custom Polymorph by ordering it to cast Human - Sorceress - Polymorph. Ordering an unit to do a certain order is done by the order ID, not by the rawcode.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.