• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spawn trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi folks, im trying make a map like castle wars. But when build a barracks, the spawn is 8 soldiers, how do over periodic time? After spwan he would follow a lane. Can u help me please

I wanna make a map like castle with spawn based in buildings. Ex a barracks spawn 8 footman, a blacksmith spawn 8 rifles,

How do a trigger like this:

Player 1 comands 1 barracks at location "x"
action:
create 8 footmans at location "y"

Need be a trigger or a custom units? TY

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
By trying.
  • A trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Food used) Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ALL DEAD
      • Trigger - Run Next wave? <gen> (ignoring conditions)
You need invest time playing around with the editor, in every aspect, so you understand how everything works, don't just jump into a project, specially when you don't understand the basics. Else it will take you a lot of more time learning by someone than self-learning. So just try, if you fail, it doesn't matter, we all improve by our mistakes and the computer won't explode anyway.

Level 7
Unit Dies

If Total Food Used by Owner of Dying Unit Equal to 0 then do whatever

Edit: Wrda' example is basically the same as this just more detailed and just to expand on what he said about using the editor a good way to learn is to open other maps that inspired you and see how they do things, although some maps cant be opened in WE so if you want i can send you an old map of mine that may be similer to your own project.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.