• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spawn lane trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Traditionally the lack of control was implemented by giving the Footman to another player.

I think there might be actions to disable user control of specific units. There was also some hackery with Locust one could do so the units cannot be selected but still fight like normal. One could also do it rather hackily by making them wards and then using triggers to cancel out any movement orders the player gives them.

When a unit is trained, remove the trained unit and create 5 copies in the lane. Add these units to a group. When the trimer expires, order all units in the group to advance. A periodic trigger could refresh the order. When the units die another trigger removes them from the group, since this does not happen automatically and can be considered a leak.

Level 8
How I do a trigger that the 5 footmans cant be controled?
Give them to an allied computer player. You can keep track of who they belong to by changing their color to the player that originally bought them, and keep track of their future exploits using things like unit groups. Very easy to implement and resistant to issues.

And how I do necromancers on lanes cast raise dead ?
Remove the spell from them?

and at start round, that the units walks to lanes, how i disable units training?
The easiest way to go about it, is to have a clone of the unit training building with no units to train, and then swap that with the one that sells units, as soon as training is allowed. It's also possible to have the building automatically interrupt all attempts to train units during this starting period. It may also be possible to add and remove the actual units trained by the buildings, but that's a time-consuming alternative to simply replacing the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.