• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

some problems with map editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hey guys im new to the site and i have been editing some maps for some time now but i was wondering how i would combine the effects of 2 spells into one. more spificly hex and banish. i tried adding the buff to one (and vice versa) and making it an effect and still nothing. any help guys???

p.s. id also would like a good referance for trigger making (espally kicking and hero repick triggers) thx guys hope to see you around. thx guys!

Level 5
Only have 1 spell - hex

Event-
Unit cats a spell
Condition-
Spell = Hex
Action-
unit-Create one DummyBanishCaster for owner of castingunit at position of casting unit
unit-give banish to last created unit
unit-order last created unit to human - banish targetted unit

As for your ps check out tutorials in this site and at wc3campaigns.com

Level 2
sry im still kinda a newb at trigger making and that was a little to vague to work with. i tried but i think i messed it up
maybe if you can post a sceenshot of what it would actually look like in the trigger editor.

Level 5
ok i didnt explain, my bad... DummyBanishCaster is a new unit you will make, make him invulnerable and change model to stampede, and set size to .01.Then edit banish to be a unit spell, and give it what ever stats you want. With this info you should be able to get it, but if not reply or PM, and ill get to you tomorrow, im going to bed .

Level 2
Blademaster said:
unit-Create one DummyBanishCaster for owner of castingunit at position of casting unit

Please dont do that dont create a dummy unit per spell, create 1 hero dummy unit called something as original as oh, Dummy Hero, and use that. more units = more loading time. and always make sure hide all hero is hidden 0 food ect and make sure he has the unit ability aloc

Jimmy

Level 2
ok im lost cloud someone some one just make the spell for me and i can lean from it when i look at its trigger mechanics. ( in return ill give you the hero xxx survival map ive been editing with built in tool for game hosts to punish idiots without kicking them.)this is also what this trigger is for. right now i got 2 spells i cast speratly to completey incompastate the moron acting out of line but i want to merge these spells together without triggers if possable (like that would ever be possable!!!)

i also tried the dummy spell creator tutorial/ could not get past makin of the trigger event becuz it wants me to select a spific unit alrdy on the map.( instead of just selecting any unit fleid(that doesnt exits) as it says on the tutorial)

Status
Not open for further replies.