• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Some Lightning Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So I was reading through the terraining forums and found some complaints about blizzard lightning. I thought about it and set out to find a solution that looks somewhat decent using blizzard doodads.
My first Idea was to try and set the blizzard lightning so that it has some sort of angle to it (so that the lightning isnt just plain and verticle). Unfortunately this didnt work. The model will not allow rotation along the z axis. After this didnt work I began searching through some of the other lightning models. I found that this one looks somewhat decent.
dalaranruinscj8.gif

The Image changes every 5 seconds and will cycle through 4 different screenies of the terrain

I used the Chain lightning target model and changed the max roll to -3.14 (so that its upside down) Then, I changed the model size to 10 and the max size to 10 and lifted it up off the ground so that it was hidden from view. Because of the gigantic size, the lightning bolts strike in various places and nearly touch the ground. It looks pretty decent. Any other ideas for lightning are appreciated and will hopefully be discussed.

Edit: It was difficult to take screenies because of the quick flashes of lightning - Map attached.

Attachments

• Lightning Effects.w3x
    12.3 KB · Views: 85
Level 9
The_wand_mirror, it's not very hard. Just use GIF Construction Set to make it show a new image each 5 second.

It's really nice, alot better than the Blizzard lightning.

Level 32
[off-topic]

All right guys.

This thread somehow got way, WAY off-topic.

Please review: The Hive Workshop > FAQ > THW Rules > Going Off-Topic
Users should maintain the integrity of thread topics and post in any thread only to reply to its subject. Posters may not go off-topic in any thread without a valid reason. If a user finds it necessary to post in a thread while not responding closely to the topic itself they should either:

• Quote a relevant portion of an existing post in that thread and reply based upon the quote.
  • Preface their post with an indication that the post varies from the thread topic, examples: [OFF TOPIC] *off-topic* (Off Topic)
Users that consistently vary from thread subjects by posting off-topic replies may be warned or receive negative reputation penalties.

Moderators may delete off-topic posts at any time, without warning.
~ 17 posts moved "somewhere else."

GR8 stuff Herio-san!

Status
Not open for further replies.