• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(SOLVED) Wall End Lantern fire off request + gate doors direction switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Hey, sorry for the trouble.

Is there a way to make gates open their doors in the other direction than in the game's default which is facing south? I assume the models have to be rotated in a model editor somehow?

For the second request, there's this structure doodad which doesn't have any fire off animation, actually no animations at all and it would be really helpful if it did. Replacing it (if it's a unit or destructible) won't work because it might change its position if placed within something like a doodad or destructible.

WallEndNoAnimations.png

Attachments

• City_LowWall_TallEndCapWithLantern.mdx
    4.8 KB · Views: 26
Level 14
Is there a way to make gates open their doors in the other direction than in the game's default which is facing south? I assume the models have to be rotated in a model editor somehow?
Something like that edited gate model I attached below?
I rotated the gate's bones movement so it opens in the other direction.

Only problem I see is that the UV mapping is horrible on the back part of the gate, I can fix that, I just need to know first if this is what you need, or I got it wrong.

For the second request, there's this structure doodad which doesn't have any fire off animation.
I am not sure if I completely understand this, do you mean you need a fire effect in the lantern?

actually no animations at all and it would be really helpful if it did. Replacing it (if it's a unit or destructible) won't work because it might change its position if placed within something like a doodad or destructible.
Which exact animations do you need? A death animation, I assume?

Attachments

• GateReversed.mdx
    21.5 KB · Views: 30

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Level 14
No. I need a fire on/off animation.
Ah, I get it now, the fire effect just wasn't appearing in Magos.
Here you go.
Stand animation has fire on, and Stand alternate has fire off.
(Still haven't added a death animation though)
I think that's what it's called in Warcraft III model terms.
I know, I meant, do you need any other animation besides a death animation?
Also, how should it look like? Would it being simply sinking in the ground suffice?
Indeed! Opening the other way than usual, yes
Ok, edited the UV mapping of the gate so it looks a bit better.

Attachments

• City_LowWall_TallEndCapWithLanternV2.mdx
    5 KB · Views: 24
  • GateReversedV2.mdx
    21.8 KB · Views: 27
Level 14
Ah, no. I only need the fire on/off thing right now and reversed gates (all of them would be useful) :D
Actually, right now, I'll just go with the lantern, thank you very much!
Every gate model, even the diagonal versions?
Alright, here you go.
(The versions with 45 in the name are diagonal)

Attachments

• ReversedGates.rar
    96.9 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.