• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Skipping Skill Points {one skill point every 2 levels... hero jumping 2 levels}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
In the map Im working on, your hero gains a skill point only once every other level. I made the whole "if (Level of (Leveling Hero)) mod (2) = 0) then (Subtract 1 Skill Point)" trigger, but if you gain more than 1 level at a time (IE going from level 3 to level 5) you get the full amount of skill points, instead of the reduced amount.

Is there any way to remedy this?

Level 2
what about just setting it so that they get .5 a skill point every level just
or make it they get the stats through learning a skill (attribute bonus) that they can get every 2 levels and just cut out the trigger entirely

Level 8
I don't think you can gain .5 of a skill point and seems to me Mike is concerned about skill points, not the stats.

If you disallow skill points on level completely, so on every level -1 skillpoint THEN have a variable that raises by 1 every level, you can give a skill point to hero when that variable reaches 2, then reset the variable.

Level 2
The problem is that the way the trigger works is that it treats gaining multiple levels at once as running the event "A hero gains a level" only once, so it would still gain all the skill points but only subtract 1, so if you gained 4 at once you'd still end up with 3 skill points instead of 2, possibly even 4 if the variable happened to be set to 2 on that level.

Are there any game constants that change skill point rate?

Level 3
you could use custom values to record how many skill points have been used.

everytime the hero learns a skill, add 1 to its custom value.

when it gains a level, set skill points equal to ((level + 1)/2) - custom value)

Status
Not open for further replies.