• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skins Help PLease!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey,
Im just the average map maker, still experimenting with things, and skins is one of them. I've downloaded the skin into my desktop (which might be wrong) and unzipped them. Then I dont know what to do. My hunch is that you have to open the skin somehow through map editor. Somebody please help me and be very detailed. Thanks in advance

Level 4
Open the map editor, next to the "test map" button, there's the "import manager" button. Click on it, now click on "file", than "import file", and choose the skin file you want (must be blp). Now, double click on the file and press on "use custon path". Now you can change the path, so change it like it is in the wc3 image extractor (if you dont have it dl it), example: units\orc\peon\peon.blp.
(remember to keep the ".blp" in the end of the path!)

Thats it, its not that hard :D

Level 2
Thanks, I really appreciate it. Im not complete newb to map editor as it may seem. I figured out the import manager. This is what happens everytime i do it. I import the file ok. I change the name to the file name, but when im typing in the skin for the Art - Model File for the character i want the skin to be, that part of it never works. I know how to import the file but no clue how to make it work. I think that you might be meaning this, im not sure, can you reaffirm this please?

Import the file and change the custom path of a normal unit to that. Ex: units\human\HeroBloodElf\HeroBloodElf make that the custom path of the skin? pleasee help and you have no idea how glad and happy i am to hear a response

Level 2
TimeMachine said:
Now you can change the path, so change it like it is in the wc3 image extractor (if you dont have it dl it),

Whats wc3 image extractor, is it completely necessary to downloading skins, and can you give me a link please?

Level 2
Not that im ingrateful for your help, but I would really like if we could answer eachother fast, because im just sitting here, refreshing waiting for answers, i got wc3 image extractor but its all war3 stuff, and i want a bloodmage...

Level 4
Ok :D
its goes like this, wc3 image extractor is a great tool people use to make their own skins, but also you can see the path of all units. The path example you gave is good.
So you imported the file, but you cant make him work?
Lets say, the skin is an acolyte, so, his path is Texture\Acolyte.blp
REMEMBER THE ".blp" AT THE END OF THE PATH!
So you import the file and write the path.
Than whats wrong?

Level 4
Import the file and change the custom path of a normal unit to that. Ex: units\human\HeroBloodElf\HeroBloodElf make that the custom path of the skin? pleasee help and you have no idea how glad and happy i am to hear a response
Well, not always, sometimes the path of the skin is defferent from the regular unit.
Just ask for the path if you dont know it. And i know it some times confuzing when the skin name is defferent.

Level 13
M0B-TimesRage said:
Thanks, I really appreciate it. Im not complete newb to map editor as it may seem. I figured out the import manager. This is what happens everytime i do it. I import the file ok. I change the name to the file name, but when im typing in the skin for the Art - Model File for the character i want the skin to be, that part of it never works. I know how to import the file but no clue how to make it work. I think that you might be meaning this, im not sure, can you reaffirm this please?

Remember, a skin is no model! It will automatically remap the textures of your model, so in your case every unit using the bloodelf-model will have this skin. You don't need to change anything in ART - Model or elsewhere.

Level 2
Alright I used import manager to import the new Blood Mage skin i want to use. I used the custom path Textures\Hero_BloodElf.blp and then is it supposed to automatically do the rest? Because i did that and nothing happened... or maybe the skin i downloaded just isn't that much different, i heard its supposed to have a fiery cape though and I dont see it. Good responses, but i've never ever used a downloaded skin before so im still learning, thanks in advance

Level 2
I have one last question. How do i make any hero have the skin of a knight downloaded from the internet? its a little more confusing because a hero doesn't have the knight thing? i dunno im confusing myself... thanks

Level 21
M0B-TimesRage said:
I have one last question. How do i make any hero have the skin of a knight downloaded from the internet? its a little more confusing because a hero doesn't have the knight thing? i dunno im confusing myself... thanks

Can ya explain a little more clearly?

When a skin is imported and the path is added correctly, the skin will automatically implment itself to the model it uses.

Level 2
Uh oh i have another problem. I found out how to make skins work, once I put a skin on and i want to put a different one on how do i fix that..? please help thanks.

Level 5
Ok hi dudes i was wondering i myselve am a map maker and the things thats been bugging me the past few days was :"How on earth do i MAKE custome skins" i saw u need a program (or whatever) to do that i was wondering where i could DL that program if you can help me u will be my one and only hero (i dont belive in hero's but shit happens) thanks in advance

Level 5
eej dudes i'm back :p eeh i was wondering i got the dragon mage and unzipped it i imported into my map and tryed to put it on a bloodmage bbbbuuuuuttttt could not load fila bla bla ( again) i have no idea what i am doing wronge i changed the path and stuff to what it said in the read me thingy help plz (does Image\Texture have anything to do with it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.