• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skinning the Shockwave ability. How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I exported Shockwave1.blp from War3.mpq. I usually do not have any trouble with skinning, but this one is giving me trouble. When I re-do the ability, I import it into the map and use the path Textures\Shockwave1.blp but it shows up as the regular beige Shockwave. Am I using the proper skin?

Thanks.

Level 9
Actually, this may not be working because the Shockwave model most likely uses particle emitters. If you try to tint a particle emitter, it will eventually become completely transparent. To edit it, you have to open the MDL file of it, find the particle emitters, and change the coloring of the emitters. Then convert back, change the color of the skin as well, and it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.