• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SkeletonWUT.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
This is actually my first skin. I thought it would look cool with a geared up skeleton and tried my best to do so. I apologize that the face might be a bit blurry, but the rest should be pretty fine.

Keywords:
Skeleton, Warrior, Deathknight, Shielded, Armed, Geared.
Contents

Nightelf Deathknight (Texture)

Reviews
08:21, 21st Jul 2011 67chrome: You should put a lot more effort into skins to get them approved here. We used to have a 75% freehand content rule at this site, and I'd advise you try creating around that much of the skin's content yourself. I'd also...

M

08:21, 21st Jul 2011
67chrome: You should put a lot more effort into skins to get them approved here. We used to have a 75% freehand content rule at this site, and I'd advise you try creating around that much of the skin's content yourself. I'd also recommend checking out the 2D art tutorials on this site, they should help you out with all the free tools that make skinning easier and a lot of solid freehand techniques. If you're not copy and pasting work directly from warcraft 3 you should also site were you got it from, not doing so is the roughly the equivalent of plagiarism in the art world.

Level 17
WUT?

This looks really professional, great work you did there.

0.0/10.

Prediction: This will get rejected, no questions asked.

To clarify what the others said, a texture needs to be at least 75% freehand (drawn by yourself, from scratch) to get approved. There are some exceptions if the result looks exceptionally good, but I'm afraid this doesn't. The face looks really messy for example, because it doesn't fit on the model. If you were to draw your own face you could make sure it fits the model perfectly.

Level 10
As well as being CopyNPaste, which as many other people have mentioned violates the submission rules, the face is also cnp from non-blizzard copyrighted art, in this case the (US?) cover of The Darkness. Proof.

Aside from that, if you were to redo this by hand, it could actually be quite an interesting skin.