• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Sitting Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Im working with a multiplayer RPG, and it will have a lot of details. At the local tavern, there will be alot of people sitting and drinking. But the problem is, the unit can't sit on a chair. And it look really stupid then the unit stand through the chair! :?

ugly8pn.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------
Would someone help me, edit the villager male so he is sitting. He shall only have one animation. He shall sit and move. Like a stand animation.

-Thanks

Level 5
No no no, Don't use gmax use oinklerwinker's It is awsome. I am a noob and i can do that. www.oinkerwinle.com, I could do that for you if you want, or i'll try and post the results also do you want all of the guys to have a model of them sitting in chairs for like a cinimatic? Another thing is, were did you get the cool wooden floors from :D i've been trying to get those for a while lol.

Level 12
No no no, Don't use gmax use oinklerwinker's It is awsome. I am a noob and i can do that. www.oinkerwinle.com, I could do that for you if you want, or i'll try and post the results also do you want all of the guys to have a model of them sitting in chairs for like a cinimatic? Another thing is, were did you get the cool wooden floors from icon_biggrin.gif i've been trying to get those for a while lol.

Yes i have OinkerWinker's Vertex Modify tool, but im not good enouqh do it in that tools. Yes it could be nice if you could help me. Do you have en hotmail? - then i could send you the floor-skin.

eh, yeah that's what I meant, modeling with Oinkerwinkle tools

these are the programs you need for a sitting villager
Vertex Modifier
File Converter
Wc3 Viewer2
Geoset Merger
Notepad or Wordpad

not all of these are oinkerwinkle tools, some can be found on this site.

Yeah I have all these tool, but im dont know how to edit the model and add a sitting animation to the unit..

Level 5
Problem came into play is that as rao dao zao said it was messing with the animations, when i put the thing into the map it showed the villager sitting in mid air but no chair because he had anims and the chair didn't (dunno why) so someone that is good with anim stuff would have to either take them out or go into note pad and make new set of anims including the chair. at least i think that this is the problem but As is said there is a villager model but you have to change the pathing of the chair to like 0 or something so you can over lap them and it gives the appearance that he is sitting in a chair. I'll edit with a picture in a little while. I'll keep playing around and seeing if i can get a better model with both the vilager and the chair but right now i only have the villager sitting so you have to change the pathing textures.
Edit Picture:
http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sittingpeasant29ex.png

Status
Not open for further replies.