• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Siphon Mana on ally not working when triggered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
The following trigger isn't working and I can't figure out why:

• mana restore libr
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) Equal to High Librarian 0460 <gen>) and ((Ability being cast) Equal to Mana Shield)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Font of Magic (Level 4) 0458 <gen> to Human Blood Mage - Siphon Mana High Librarian 0460 <gen>
      • Unit - Order Font of Magic (Level 4) 0459 <gen> to Human Blood Mage - Siphon Mana High Librarian 0460 <gen>
I tried with a "unit begins channeling" event as well, but it still doesn't work.

The thing is, it works perfectly manually: The ability is based off the Blood Mage's which allows mana transfer instead of the standard one, I checked the game constants to ensure mana transfer is allowed, and most annoying of all, I can order both units to transfer mana by clicking the ability and then the target. So why won't it work via triggers?

Level 28
Tried with Mana Shield and Healing Wave, it didn't work.
Tried with War Stomp and Healing Wave, and it did work.
Tried with War Stomp and Siphon Mana, and it worked.

Tried with Mana Shield and Siphon Mana, and "starts the effect of an ability" instead of "starts casting", and it worked.

The inner machinations of GUI are an enigma.

Status
Not open for further replies.