• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Model Request: Shaman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Nobody seems to be responding, but I think I may be of assistance.
Shaman
It isn't really what you're looking for, but it kinda looks like what you're looking for.
Maybe someone can edit it a bit.
Either way, why hasn't anybody taken on this request yet?

Because creating a whole new model is easier than editing an existing wc3 model and hoping it would perform flawlessly.

But then, creating a model itself is not easy, especially when you're the kind of guy that set a very high bar on quality.

As you set the bar higher each time, you start to wonder why would you ever want to help others for free since it takes quite amount of effort.

Thus, why most of the modelers would only do freelance or paid works.

At least, that's my thought.

Last edited:
Level 18
Quick Preview

@ Hardtime;
Here's a quick preview of the model you requested (without the Spirit Walker/Breaker shoulder pads)...

Is this close to what you are looking for...? And if there's anything else you want to add, please do let me know...

@ Chenralstrasz;
I can make a version 2 matching as close to WoW version of Shaman Thrall...

Attachments

• HeroShaman_WIP.png
    HeroShaman_WIP.png
    415.7 KB · Views: 98
Level 14
quite simple geomerge request.
is this geomerge request is done already or someone still working on this? I could give it a try.

edit:
ok, this is a quick geomerge I've done.
I somehow couldn't find spirit breaker mesh on mpq browser. is this fit in your need?

ShamanThrall_zpse1b1c571.jpg

Last edited:
Level 14
ah, sorry missread it.

I could add beads but somehow I can't made it viewed in all direction since it's originally only a plane (only two-sided but it looks weird). this is the geomerge work without the beads, added dissipate animation as well. I moved it's hammer into his left hand since his shaman animation attack animation is using his left hand instead of right one.

Attachments

• ShamanThrallFin.mdx
    200.2 KB · Views: 35
  • ThrallShamanFin.jpg
    ThrallShamanFin.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 63
Level 14
another additional to geomerge? hmm not really sure, since I seen a small detail won't been really seen in-game, except if you made a cinematic map that often has close-up cam pan on it.
I've addeded a camera potrait on it btw, but if you want a seperate talking potrait I could try to made one, which is mean another size to spend on the map.

Level 14
well actually what I've done is more likely called geomerging instead of modelling. since I interpret actual modelling as something to be done from scratch (both model mesh and texture), while geomerging is create a model from already existing mesh into a new one (with some vertex edit and a little Re-UV work to fit in the new mesh). I was retired actually, but back again december last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.