• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Bnet question {what is the maximum host-able map size?}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've run across this before but I can't seem to find it now. I've never had any problems in the past with it either, but what is the largest map filesize currently playable on battle.net? 5mb?

Level 8
I've run across this before but I can't seem to find it now. I've never had any problems in the past with it either, but what is the largest map filesize currently playable on battle.net? 5mb?

Its either 4 or 5. I want to lean towards 4 because I think A&A is like 3.9 and I know we couldn't mod it much because it would become too big. However recent patches could have made it 5. But I'm gonna say 4.

Level 3
I just did something silly, but it worked. I took a map, uploaded a 4500kb file onto it and hosted it on bnet as "Wintermaul!!!!11!" about 5 people joined in 2 seconds. So I guess that means the limit is 5mb then?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
8 MB. Some people obviously do not read patch notes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARCRAFT III: THE FROZEN THRONE VERSION HISTORY

Patch 1.24b

PC WORLD EDITOR CHANGES

- Increased max map file size from 4 MB to 8 MB.
- Added the ability to store hashtable handles in a hashtable.
- Added GetSpellTargetX and GetSpellTargetY natives.
- Added a new base handle type “Agent” of which many types now extend from.
- Added a SaveAgentHandle native which can be used for saving most handle types.
- Added a JASS optimization dealing with global variable change events.

FIXES

- Fixed a few false positives caused by the "return bug" fix.
- Fixed a crash related to hashtable reference counting.
- “Shadowing” global variables with local variables no longer is possible.
- Fixed a type conversion dealing with operators (i.e. adding a handle with an integer).

Just because most good maps are 5 MB does not make that the max, please do not sprout random numbers because you have a feeling it is as you will end up confusing people even though blizzard made it clear that it is 8 MB.

Level 3
Tyvm. I do apologize, I thought I saw somewhere it was 5 but I couldnt remember. Thanks for clearing it up though Dr SuperGood.

Status
Not open for further replies.