• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple black cliff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey there people, I'm making a map in wich there are places you can enter, like inside a house or a castle, problem is, i've been using the sunken ruins walls to divide the areas, mostly to organize the places and also block line of sight.

The problem is, while inside the building, you can still see the sunken ruins cliff through the wall, even with boundary, and that looks quite unpleasant since you are in a village house that now is inside a ruin, what I need is a sunken ruins cliff texture that is completelly black, so this effect wont be noticeable...

Additional information: I'm using 67chrome rpg tileset, replacing the ruins large bricks skin, I don't know if it will mess up the tiles if I import a new texture.

Can somebody please help? +rep and credits when the map is done

thanks

notitle2.jpg

notil.jpg

Level 14
In my RPG I used a wall doodad, set it's color to 0,0,0 and scaled it up. You can use the blizzard city wall model and just make it the size you need. This can be used to cover any of the sunken ruins walls to you still can use them as sight blockers.

Level 14
Well that could solve the problem but I would have to replace all my separating walls, and I have like 20 enterable areas, it would take hours to solve and with a simple black cliff skin it would take 2 minutes :(

I'd go with his skin then, but you wouldn't actually have to replace anything. You could just set it right over the top and expand it to fit right next to your walls. But anyways, I hope your problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.