• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Ability request (i think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The ability I need is like an aim and shoot ability. If it was like in the game "Archery Tactics" (i think that's what it was called) that would be good.

I just want my trooper/operative/agent to be able to aim where they fire their regular attack rather than auto-attacking when in a fight - I want to bring an element of skill into their battles. The attack also shouldn't have to target a unit.

This will be in my star wars map I'm working on.

+rep and credits to the people who help me!

Level 4
Okay, this is what I need - I'll try to make it as easy to understand as possible.

A unit has 'attack' ability (which is a normal attack that replaces the attack command - therefore, there is no auto attack).

So then the player can use hotkey "Q" (for example) and then select the point of attack, and the unit fires a projectile at that point. This will also mean that this unit will not automatically engage hostile units, but have to use this ability to kill them.

I hope I'm not being too vague?

And yes it will use a custom projectile, a laser bolt being fired from a clone trooper's rifle.

Level 4
Thank you, I'll test soon - I have some things to do first.

EDIT: Okay I have just tested and this is the sort of thing I need. But is there any way to make the attack rate faster? Because when he uses "Fire" ability, it has to wait a few seconds to fire again - even though the cooldown is up. Any way to make it much faster fire rate?

Last edited:
Level 11
change the cast animation and backswing to 0.00 and if the spell is a channel ability set follow through time to 0.

Level 29
replace the EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT to EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_CAST

and put this call IssueImmediateOrder(caster, "stop") between the "angle" and startPeriodic, like this...
JASS:
set .angle = GetAngle(.casterX, .casterY, xSpell, ySpell)
call IssueImmediateOrder(caster, "stop")
call .startPeriodic()

it will rapidly fire as you wanted...

Level 4
Cheers mate, just did what you said and it works perfectly. Thanks for helping me out.

+rep mckill2009

And thank you for your help as well Saif, I did not try what you said, but I appreciate your guidance.

+rep Saif

Consider my request completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.