• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Shockwave-type spell stopping on walls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well, im going to make a bomberman map, but I though starting it wouldn't be a good idea unless I know how to make the bomb explosion (made out of shockwave or carrion wave) stop on buildings and on the invurnerable walls aswell, so that it cant go through a farm, for example but will destroy it and then disappear?

Level 3
Well, when I checked other bomberman maps to learn, there the maker used normal carrion swarm-based spell and it stopped on walls, also, how can I make the carrion swarm damage EVERYTHING but the dummy units so that it wont ruin my systems, since I cant get the bombs to kill my own bombers aswell.

Level 8
I've played a couple of those bomberman maps and frankly I thought the shockwave looked a bit tacky.

It's really just my opinion but the 2d bomberman beats the hell outa the 3d one. If you were to trigger the explosion all the way it would allow you to use a cooler explosion effect.

Level 16
You will ahve to make dummy shockwave (dummy with immolations that moves in front of hero) and implement this trigger:

This trigger won't work if your dummy shockwave has locust ability. Set it's selecton scale to -1.00.
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempGroup = (Units in (Playable map area))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Footman
            • Then - Actions
              • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
              • Set TempGroup = (Units within 200.00 of TempPoint)
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
              • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

Status
Not open for further replies.