• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Shipyard problem (new unit has no room to be placed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've created a human shipyard in the object editor using the barracks as a reference. Changed a few things to make it buildable only by water and used the the goblin shipyard ships for it to train. When it gets to the end of training the unit it says "unit has no room to be placed" and I assume it cant figure out to place the unit in the water next to the shipyard.

I looked at all the options for the my shipyard in the object editor and can't find the one that allows a unit to be placed in the water from a land building. I also checked the options for the standard goblin shipyard and didn't see anything for something like that.

I'm sure there is a way to get it to work since the goblin shipyard can do this. any help would be appreciated.

Level 1
The most important field here is "Pathing - Placement requires water radius". What value does it have?

I set it to 384, same as the goblin shipyard.

Edit: ok i got it, i wasnt building it in shallow water and instead trying to build next to water on land. works if it is amphibious-pathable. thanks for the responses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.