• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ShadowRonin

Here it is! I did a major overhaul. New armor. New texture (Now use in-game texture). Hope you guys like it! Again, The Shadow Ronin is a mix of Samurai and Ninja. I wanted to give it a shadowy theme. Enjoy!

Keywords:
Ninja, Samurai, Shadow, Darkness, Ronin, Sword
Contents

ShadowRonin (Model)

ShadowRonin (Model)

Reviews
Frankster : Nice idea, but the execution could be much better. Works in-game and performs well. Approved.

M

Moderation: 10:43, Friday 10th February 2012
Frankster :
Nice idea, but the execution could be much better.
Works in-game and performs well.
Approved.

Level 16
I like the model, the animations are fairly selected from other built-in models. However you shouldn't use a custom texture, you could just mess with the built-in ones and with texture wrapping to achieve this. No kiddin. That texture is way too high to be worthy enough importing this model.

Level 49
the filesize is really awful. you should consider merging the sword texture to the demon hunter skin, since the weapon of the main skin is never used, put the sword there.
and make some of the materials two sided(like the shoulder plate).

Level 4
Hey guys, sorry for the texture. I'm a real noob at texturing and I couldnt find a good tutorial to begin with. As for my join date, I just recently created this account because I never had plans on creating models but figured I'd give it a try. I've been visiting hive for years now and I also have done maps before but never finished or released them. But I assure you I made this model and I am bad at texturing

could you guys give me a link to a good tutorial?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Allright, this model is great and I love it.
But for some reason, no matter what map I import it to the, the stage's lighting starts getting affected.
If i remove the model it gets fixed, and if I don't use the model at all it doesn't even happen.
As long as the model is used, the entire map has an issue with the lighting. .-.
Even in the editor, has anyone fixed this, or is it just me?