• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Set Multiboard = I still dont understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have read and re-read alot of info on creating a multiboard and still cant seem to get it to work correctly. Can someone please help me? this is how I want it to look.

Player ------------ Kills (hero kills) ------------ Deaths (# of times player's hero has died) --------- Abilities cast (#of times players hero used an ability)

Light (force name)

Player 1
Player 2
Player 3
Player 4
Player 5

Dark (force name)

Player 6
Player 7
Player 8
Player 9
Player 10
Code:
[list][/list]

Level 8
You're going to have to make a multiboard cell-by-cell, to create an entire table that has the layout that you want.

So, your first row will have 4 columns.

1,1 will be Player
2,1 will be Kills
3,1 will be Deaths
4,1 will be Abilities Cast

Now your first column will have up to 13 rows.
1,1 is still Player
1,2 is Light (force name)
1,3 is Player 1

etc. etc.

Level 3
Does anyone know how to put in the value for a current player? for instance if I am player 3 and my screen name is "MyName123" then in my player 3 slot I have designated it should read "MyName123." whilst if another player is player 3 then it would read the name of that player, etc.

Level 3
Would you tell me the triggers I need to use to do it? like lay out a quick example? Thanks a bunch

Level 9
Okay, i'll make one for you.

What do you need?

-Howmany players? (computers included)
-Howmany columns (kills, deaths, ? ? ? )
-What colors should the text have? (player name in the player's color? the info just white, or something custom?)
-Anything special?

As soon as i know that much, i'll work one out for ya.

Level 3
Angelusz said:
Okay, i'll make one for you.

What do you need?

-Howmany players? (computers included)
-Howmany columns (kills, deaths, ? ? ? )
-What colors should the text have? (player name in the player's color? the info just white, or something custom?)
-Anything special?

As soon as i know that much, i'll work one out for ya.

Thank you very much for your help =) heres what I need.

The categories are "Kills", "Deaths", "abilities used", and "deceased?"

kills = # of opposing hero kills
deaths = # of times your hero has died
abilities used = # of times your hero has used an ability
deceased? = is your hero currently dead, and how soon will they respawn.

I need to have 2 computer players, and 10 real players. color for names should be the default player color. i.e player 1 name should be in red, player 2 blue etc.

the names should appear like this:
computer player 1
player 1
player 2
player 3
player 4
player 5
computer player 2
player 6
player7
player8
player9
player10

And I think that about sums it up. . . Thank you again very much for your help.

Level 9
Alright, i'm gonna work on this, i take it you know how to use variables, i'm gonna use the following:

var_kills_p (x)
var_deaths_p (x)
var_ability (x)
var_dead (x)

Var_hero_player (x)

You're gonna have to work with these variables to implement the multiboard.
I'll make the basic update triggers, but you'll have to change them to fit in your map, if you send me the map, i'll make it fit right away.
I'll start work on it the next time you post here.

Level 3
Angelusz said:
Alright, i'm gonna work on this, i take it you know how to use variables, i'm gonna use the following:

var_kills_p (x)
var_deaths_p (x)
var_ability (x)
var_dead (x)

Var_hero_player (x)

You're gonna have to work with these variables to implement the multiboard.
I'll make the basic update triggers, but you'll have to change them to fit in your map, if you send me the map, i'll make it fit right away.
I'll start work on it the next time you post here.

I am guessing the (x) means its an array/integer?
other than that i think I can set up the variables just fine, given that you just tell me the type I should make them. (sorry, total newbie here) Other than that, thank you very much for your help. hope it doesnt give you too much trouble.

Level 9
Question, is the color of computer player one red?
and computer player two green?

that would be best, if it's different, tell me.

Edit:
Alright, i created the board, i'll post a picture soon, next in que is the updating process, i must say, it would be alot easier to make if i had the map it should fit into...

Level 9
722.jpg

Level 9
aiaiaiaiaiai, that's gonna be a real pain.
sorry i posted so late, but my internet has been down for a few days, isp problems.

To finish this multiboard, i'm gonna need your map, sorry :)

That, to make the update go right and stuff, if you don't know how a multiboard works, you will not be able to change the board so it fits into your map.
But we'll see.

Level 3
i am having trouble with multiboards too... already studied maps to see how other people did it but i cant figure out how to do the thing i want to have.

so does anyone know if its possible to see if a team is holding a region?? w8 lemme give example:

i got a map with 2 teams on it: evil/good.
there are 13 points (regions) in the map that can be obtained by putting a flag on it. the flag is a unit(building).

now i want a leaderboard/mulitboard to show how much time theres left in the game, and how many points/regions each team is currently holding.

is it possible to do something like that in a multiboard? and if it can be done can any1 give me some pointers like variables ( which i probably gonna need) i have to use, correct layout etc etc. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.