• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Server Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello everybody
A scheduled maintenance will occur tomorrow August 11 in the timeframe 15:00-17:00 GMT.
The server will be upgraded from 2 GB of memory to 4 GB. Hopefully this will make things more snappy :)

EDIT: Apparently they decided to shut down the server and install the extra memory immediately even though we had arranged that it should happen tomorrow.

Ralle

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
More RAM lets the server cache more data, meaning the hard disk arrays have to load less data continiously.

Servers like youtube uses probably have multiple terabytes of RAM in total or more. Logically we do not have millions of visitors a day so such hardware would not be praticle at all or even afordable (this is not a big company run site).

Level 22
So far is running perfectly. Is this also a sign that the new
sc2_small.gif
section will be soon?

Level 11
Gems full of piss? No thanks lol

I suppose it's good news but I don't think it will make it that different I mean the pages load like 3 seconds and downloading here is... ummm I don't know cause the last time I downloaded here was like 4 months ago, anyway that ain't related to RAM.

Level 22
I'm loading THW (The Hive Workshop) pages at about 10 seconds per page. It's been extremely slow lately, and I haven't experienced a boost.

It's not my Internet Explorer or Computer, because other pages load at about 1-3 seconds for me.

Level 16
pages change within a blink of the eye here..
because of all the announcements (I am too lazy to remove them) the pages all look the same on the top.
I was clicking and clicking because I thought it didnt work.. It seemed it was just too fast to notice any lag or loading ><..

Status
Not open for further replies.