• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Seeing model in game problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ive downloaden models imported them in game gave them to units seeing them perfectly in the World Editor and then i open the map and i play and i only see shadows! And i cant even select the units altho they do attack and move on getting close to an enemy!

Level 1
Maybe it has somthing to do aswell that i have to change all my mdx files into mdl because if i click on modelfile with the unit and then press import war3imported\GoblinPraetorian.mdx it will change .mdx immidiatly into .mdl and so i need to change the paths to or i cant see them in map editor..... Help!
:cry:

Level 1
Yeah

I have the exacvt same problem too.
I thought it was just me being stupid.
i do everything it told me to do in the tutoral,and everything works,cept the model appears just as a shadow and you cant click it.
the only time it worked was when i did the goblenpretora thing,so it is probably me.Im just confused right now

Level 1
Sorry for the late reply im kinda busy at the moment my uncle got a bicycle exident and gots a broken nouse sheek and skull :cry:

But anyway i download them from here and extract them in the warcraft map where i made a map called skins.
After that i go to import manager and i import them and set the path from all the other then mdx to example:Goblins\creeps\GoblinBlademaster.XXXX (XXXX for anything you wanna fill there in)If the mdx Needs a path to i do the same but i MUST change the mdx into mdl because the model file at the unit will only accept mdl not mdx! This was NOT in the tutorial. Then everything is seeable in the editor. The first time i had 2 skins Mountened Arthas and that Orc tower thingy. I could only see Arthas in the LAN game with my bro tower i could not see. My bro could'nt see anything i thought it was a bug and changed some stuff..... Then i added MUCH more skins (really alot skins the map file size was at maximum) And i could not see ANY skins in the next LAN game and neither in normal games!! My bro could only see some orc Unit skins.... After that i had no Idea what to do so i ask you help me! :(

If i dont spell somethings wrong dont get pist... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.