• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Searing Arrows and Trigger-enhanced spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Is it possible to make a trigger-enhanced spell that goes into effect every time a unit uses the searing arrows spell or a dummy version thereof?

The closest I could get was a trigger that had the effect go off each time the unit attacked, a seperate pair of triggers to activate/deactivate the first one whenever the autocast was turned on or off, and a fourth trigger to go off whenever the ability was used manually.

This, of course, is buggy because it makes use of the Unit Attacks event, so it happens before the unit actually uses the ability/spends the mana.

Level 3
That would require, what, a periodic trigger that checks for all units with the buff and applies the effect forthwith? I'm currently using Critical Strike as my base ability instead, and manually subtracting the mana in the trigger. It has the advantage of only needing one trigger...but there is a disconnect between the game interface and what the spell actually does, and further there is no way to turn if off if you really need the mana for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.