• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ScottishTroll.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a troll. A troll from scottland, from the troll tribes that have met the humans and have evultions themselfs, they looks like human flesh but still got the, same troll face and tusks.

I am very new at skinning and making icon so...

Tell me if i should put more deatils! =)

Keywords:
Scottish, scottland, troll, Scottish troll, troll tribe, troll warrior, spear, spear thrower, thrower, range, ranger,
Contents

Scottish troll (Texture)

Reviews
18:07, 16th Sep 2009 67chrome: It's a cute idea that may have some potential, but right now this skin is very far from being acceptable for this resource section. You need to do at least 75% of the skin through your own brushwork, and the vast...

M

18:07, 16th Sep 2009
67chrome: It's a cute idea that may have some potential, but right now this skin is very far from being acceptable for this resource section. You need to do at least 75% of the skin through your own brushwork, and the vast majority of this skin is recolored portions of the original. I'd recommend posting a thread for this skin in the 2D art section to receive further feedback on this so you can get it to a more acceptable state, as the skin section is meant for finished skins rather than works-in-progress ;)

Level 5
Well, nice skin, pretty good idea, but... (ALWAYS beware the "but" !:wink:)

-You should add more colors to his tartan, personnally, I would like to make some mix including the team-color, but I don't think it is possible to add TC where there was none before...

-You should make his ears human-pink too, the brown looks ugly in this context (wooden ears ?)

-You should improve/remove the brown/wooden cap at the top of his skull, it looks... unawesome.

-One very good point, you kept team colors ! I LOVE team colors !:smile:

-Resee his iron mask, it ends under his lower lip, and as the headhunter's face always tears in some strange directions when he talks, the metal-looking latex mask has not a good rendering.

-Resee the color of the skin, make it more pink or more tan, it is too similar to the things you added on his head.

-You should see the thing he has at the location of his chin. If it is really his chin, make it more... skinny. If it's a beard, make it less skinny (red or blonde, for example)

-You say these are the Trolls who settled in Scotland and who evoluted with the humans... In fact, there's never been any human in Scotland ! How do you think the Scottish could resist the English for so long ?:grin:

Level 9
This one's pretty sweet! I like the originality, and the concept is great!
4.5/5 Highly Recommended

Level 4
Sweet, try making the spear look like a bag-pipe pipe XD

oh an PS. IF U DONT INCLUDE VIKING ON UR BARBARINS PROJECT I WILL HUNT YOOOOU! jk but really I WILL DL IT IF U INCLUDE THE VIKINGS (I'm sure you will)

Level 4
Ok, xD
well maybe i will put vikings.. but i dont know if they even existed in that ages :/
But i will think about it.

Yeah, i know about his chest, its looks a bit strange.. i will try to remove it.
I will try to improve his pants. In the next update. =)

WHAT TIME PERIOD U MAKING U VIKING HATER! I HATE YOU! AAAAH! no srsly what time period?:bored:

Level 7
WHAT TIME PERIOD U MAKING U VIKING HATER! I HATE YOU! AAAAH! no srsly what time period?:bored:

This is based on when rome was in 2 parts western rome and eastern rome.

I dont think vikings existed in that period but i will read on the history if they really existed in that time, i cant promise anything right now. But i will look at it.

Last edited:
Level 4
xD
lol, dont blame on me! Blame on rome! Their fault! And blame on the scandinavia! Not me! xD
They wasent so creativy as rome was :p
---------------------------------------------------------
Update

Does it looks better now?

OK NOW I AM MAD! VIKINGS VIKINGS VIKINGS VIKINGS! OR I USE MY:pal: POWER OR:spell_breaker: POWER OF EVEN WORSE:ned: :mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha: MOHAHAHAHA! DOWN WITH ROMANS! MOHAHAHAHA!