• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scars of the land

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Go'el Presents

Scars of the land
Created by Go'el

Map Info:

Just a simple melee map. Enjoy!

Features:

- Units:
* 4 Gold Mines
* 1 Fountain of Health
* 8 N. Passive
* 2 Control Points
- 1924 Doodads.

Author's notes:

Thanks to Blizzard Entertainment, for creating such a great game!
Contents

Scars of the land (Map)

Reviews
16:04, 12th Jun 2014 Hell_Master: Map Awaiting Update with a rating of 2/5. Please apply the fixes in the map:

M

16:04, 12th Jun 2014
Hell_Master: Map Awaiting Update with a rating of 2/5. Please apply the fixes in the map:

Hell_Master said:
Review emerges! Let me see if I still have my touches on reviewing seeing that I've been gone for almost 2-3 months.

To start off, the melee map as pointed by Heinvers is small. You could try extending this to 96x96 or higher depending if you're still to make this 1v1 or change it. There are not much to explore in the map and chances of too early clashes is really high or let's say, absolute, which will lead to the game to end early. The map's layout seems basic and easily leads to the enemy bases and nothing much to explore. I would prefer you to make some good layout for this. The neutral creeps amount looks fairly decent but could have more for the two players to hunt and level up but I noticed that you mixed different types of creeps in a single creep camp which should be avoided because it looks bad such as in the guarded mine areas. Remember always to make a single creep camp with a single type of creeps. The neutral creeps seems to have no item drops as well which is a minus.

Lastly, you could have added some more types of buildings instead of just Gold Mines like merchants in the other empty creep camps.

Overall, this needs some more work most likely you are missing some elements in your melee map or is wrong such as to make a proper creep camp and also giving neutrals item drops.

For now, rated 2/5 and Awaiting Update. I hope you are to fix this, happy map making!

Level 30
Review emerges! Let me see if I still have my touches on reviewing seeing that I've been gone for almost 2-3 months.

To start off, the melee map as pointed by Heinvers is small. You could try extending this to 96x96 or higher depending if you're still to make this 1v1 or change it. There are not much to explore in the map and chances of too early clashes is really high or let's say, absolute, which will lead to the game to end early. The map's layout seems basic and easily leads to the enemy bases and nothing much to explore. I would prefer you to make some good layout for this. The neutral creeps amount looks fairly decent but could have more for the two players to hunt and level up but I noticed that you mixed different types of creeps in a single creep camp which should be avoided because it looks bad such as in the guarded mine areas. Remember always to make a single creep camp with a single type of creeps. The neutral creeps seems to have no item drops as well which is a minus.

Lastly, you could have added some more types of buildings instead of just Gold Mines like merchants in the other empty creep camps.

Overall, this needs some more work most likely you are missing some elements in your melee map or is wrong such as to make a proper creep camp and also giving neutrals item drops.

For now, rated 2/5 and Awaiting Update. I hope you are to fix this, happy map making!