• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

save\load system

Save\load system

• bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i willn't use it

• i willn't even download it

• I'm an Alien and i couldn't understand this poll :D

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Looking at the triggers it looks pretty nice- your using the game cache quite a bit. However- when I go to save (typing in -save) the game crashes and gives me the fatal error. I doubt that this is what you intended to happen :p. I may just be doing it wrong, however; could you explain what you are supposed to do to save it and load it? I'm guessing it is a bug, but I could be wrong.

E.Z Save/Load code doesn't use game cache at all, if I am remebering correctly. It works well with very few errors (although I did find one when loading a Blademaster it gave me a demonhunter :? ). Untill I can see this work in-game, though I can't really give you much feedback. From looking at the triggers, it doesn't look like there is any sort of feature that disables other players from entering your code and using it for themselves, but then again when using the game cache you may not even have to. The one big problem with EZ, and perhaps the only, is that there was really no feature to stop players from exchanging codes. Thats what killed Gauntlet: Dark Legacy part 1 and 2.

P.S. You should move this over to the Spells section, I know EZ is in maps, but it should be in spells also :).

Level 9
he he )

you do all correct withut 1 thing :D

you need to enter the code itself :D

for example
-save hero

Game may crash , because i input a string validation and if string = nothing than hero couldn't be saved at non-string path and it's make an error

i used this one:
player type -save
Action
save (substring 7 lenth of entered chat string)
store hero as (substring 7 lenth of entered chat string)

Best regards
Vampire[K.B.]

Level 5
I got this to work properly now :). It works very well, and enables me to save multiple heros. This would work for any number of different heroes. It wouldn't require any password protection. I'm not sure how long this would stay stored in WC3, or how easy it would be to hack into it. I'm not familiar with all the specs of the game cache feature, perhaps someone else could fill in any other problems, or benifits of it. In any case- this works very well. The only suggestion I would have is to give a few extra seconds to type in the code at the beginning, but thats such a minor detail, I'm not even sure I would bother with it :p.

There is one drawback to this however. If I was to switch computers, and still wanted to play using my old hero on the other computer, I would have to start all over. Using a save/load code such as EZ eliminates this problem. Still, this form of saving is better :).

Level 9
Do you think ?

Why do you think so ?
i don't know really where will be saved game cache if player 2 start to save...

i know really only 1 thing:
1 host makes several times a game with such a code for save\load than all who save their heros may play by them as long as this man creates a server..and if game cache creates at the computer of every player?
than all will be ok 8)

Level 9
not large but unlimited ;)~

about EZ save\load they was created by 1 map and each map maker need to make a clone of that trigger..i'm trying to make something the same, but i understand that i could save only hero,level of the hero and some extra arrtifacts..
using of a string is too writefull and i'm LAZY for it :D

i thought that EZ was written by JASS code...

Level 5
Yea- EZ is not using any JASS, to make an effective save load you don't need JASS (then again I only know the basics of JASS, maybe it can enhance the code somehow).

I am developing a new concept and method about saving integers (which would work in a similar method for saving heroes and other data). It takes the data, and breaks it up and spreads it among the code, making it less space-consuming, and harder to crack. This method greatly enhances the amount of data I can store into a single code, while keeping it even more protected. It also reduces the size of the trigger by a large amount, since there is no need to set a large amount of variables.

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

I want to save the number 2195-
Instead of setting 10,000 arrays of a given variable (one for each number between 0 and 9999), I only need to set 120.

The code firsts takes 2195 and stores it as a variable (we call that A). The code will then take that number, and divide it by 1000, and will round down. Then, it will store this number as another variable (B). After, the trigger will take B and multiply it by 1000, and stores it as a variable (c). Then, the trigger takes a, and subracts c from it, leaving 195. After that, the trigger will take 195, divide it by 100, and round down, and store it as a variable (d).

Now we have the 1000's, and the 100's. I am currently using this method to extract the 10's. As you can see, it's somewhat compicated, but it's a pretty easy concept to grasp, and its much harder to crack. It allows for much higher integer-saving possibilities.

Level 9
for now(into my new map..ehh icouldn't every where go futher then betatest..) i use the basics from EZ and build up my own script with several updates such as money saves from 0 to 9999 , hero level saves from 0 - 9999 ,for using load system you'll need to be the same race so the code also include race protection...soon that map finished at 4\9 and when it will be ready i'll submit it here with that code )
By the way..there are also as alot of oportunities as game cache have..but the sentences are tooo long to write :) :lol: :lol:

Level 5
are you saving all of that into the game cache, or are you using the EZ method (creating a password with the info stored into that). If you are using a password, it will probably be long if your going to store money and hero data in it from 0-9999. Good luck with that :).

Level 5
First off, typing "AHHHHHHHH ect." doesn't reflect well upon yourself, but I understand your frusteration completly.

The reason why it doesn't work is an extremly good reason. Let me take some time to explain it to you, because I'm sure you don't want a one sentence answer.

Blizzard is concerned that people would take advantage of this feature, and send viruses and other malicious scripts to other computers, causing a pretty big problem. While most people would use this feature to greatly enhance their games, it would not be worth the risk. I have seen posts about this before on other forums.

Well, I guess that wasn't long, but thats the reason it isn't used. Blizzard approved maps can use this feature though :)...but those are only created by blizzard.

Level 5
You could, and you can also open e-mails with virus attachments. What this does prevent is mass speading in a few days of a virus. Think of how quickly new versions of DOTA spread Bnet... if someone disguised it as DOTA and then executed the save code in the map initialization.... massive damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.