• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sample Trigger Map

Contents

Sample Trigger Map (Map)

Level 7
This map will allow beginners (or just those who are not good at triggers) to better-learn triggering. The map provides comments about every action, and also utilizes the trigger comment block (in the top-right portion of the trigger editor) to explain what exactly each trigger does. The map is not overly complex, but utlizes a lot of useful triggers, and even delves into the realm of variables a bit. This map is a must for anyone who wants to learn triggering.

Note: If you decide to mod this map, feel free, just give me credit.
I will also later come out with an intermediate version and an advanced version.

www.polarmaps.net

Level 1
Very nice, although I was wondering in the next one if you can add the following triggers since those are the ones I have problems with.

1. 3rd person camera view, I'm trying to get a third person camera view but I can't seem to get the camera to follow the unit.

2. Special effects: I'm trying to set my map so when my unit gets for example an item (sword) a special effect is created at his hand using a sword model. Although each time I try to set a trigger that seems as if I'd work it doesn't. If you know how that'd be good.

Those two things would be great if you add in the next tutorial. Except for that, very good work :p.

Level 7
I haven't really used attachments (no need, lol), but I will attempt to figure that out for you, and try to incorporate it into the Advanced version if not the Intermediate. I can answer your first question now though (b/c it doesn't really fit into the map, and the next two maps will just expand on this).

Event- (Your Choice)
Condition- (Your Choice)
Actions- Camera- Lock Camera Target To Unit- Lock Camera Target For Player __ To (whatever unit), Offset By (0.00,0.00) Using (Rotation of Your Choice)

Sample:
Lock Camera Target For Player 1 (Red) To (Triggering Unit), Offset By (0.00,0.00) Using Default Rotation.

I should also mention, that if you open up the Import Editor you will see the needed path for a custom minimap. Custom minimaps must be 128x128 pixels in .TGA format. You must then import the pic, and change the filename to what I've got (which, if I remember correctly, is War3MapPreview.TGA)