1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Same target {clone that attacks and casts spells on the same target as the summoner}

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by greasontim, Mar 26, 2009.

1. greasontim

greasontim

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok roughly what i'm aiming for is this
    Hero Summons Clone
    Clone attacks and casts skills on the same target as the hero
    hope you understand what i'm saying
    PS there can be up to 10 of the same hero on my map if you can put that into the trigger to if possible

2. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Something like Phantom Lance?

3. greasontim

greasontim

Resources:
    Resources:
    Phantom Lance?

4. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol nevermind. But you gotta to explain your spell a little better... Like, clones casts what? What spell? Clone = Illusion?

5. greasontim

greasontim

Resources:
    Resources:
    Clone = Custom Skill useing Triggers
    the hero/clone both get the same skills
    Blizzard, Fire Ball, Briliance Aura
    I have
    Trigger Clone
    • Summon
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
      • Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to Clone
      • Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Level of Clone for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
          • Then - Actions
            • Set Clone_TempPoint[1] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
            • Unit - Create 1 Jaina (clone) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Clone_TempPoint[1] facing Default building facing degrees
            • Unit - Add Brilliance Aura to (Last created unit)
            • Unit - Set level of Brilliance Aura for (Last created unit) to (Level of Brilliance Aura for (Triggering unit))
            • Unit - Add Sub-Zero Blizzard to (Last created unit)
            • Unit - Set level of Sub-Zero Blizzard for (Last created unit) to (Level of Sub-Zero Blizzard for (Triggering unit))
            • Unit - Add Fire Ball to (Last created unit)
            • Unit - Set level of Fire Ball for (Last created unit) to (Level of Fire Ball for (Triggering unit))
            • Hero - Set (Last created unit) Hero-level to (Hero level of (Triggering unit)), Hide level-up graphics
            • Hero - Modify Strength of (Last created unit): Set to (Strength of (Last created unit) (Exclude bonuses))
            • Hero - Modify Agility of (Last created unit): Set to (Agility of (Last created unit) (Exclude bonuses))
            • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Last created unit): Set to (Intelligence of (Last created unit) (Exclude bonuses))
            • Unit - Add a 25.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Else - Actions
              • If - Conditions
                • (Level of Clone for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
              • Then - Actions
                • Set Clone_TempPoint[1] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
                • Unit - Create 1 Jaina (clone) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Clone_TempPoint[1] facing Default building facing degrees
                • Unit - Add Brilliance Aura to (Last created unit)
                • Unit - Set level of Brilliance Aura for (Last created unit) to (Level of Brilliance Aura for (Triggering unit))
                • Unit - Add Sub-Zero Blizzard to (Last created unit)
                • Unit - Set level of Sub-Zero Blizzard for (Last created unit) to (Level of Sub-Zero Blizzard for (Triggering unit))
                • Unit - Add Fire Ball to (Last created unit)
                • Unit - Set level of Fire Ball for (Last created unit) to (Level of Fire Ball for (Triggering unit))
                • Hero - Set (Last created unit) Hero-level to (Hero level of (Triggering unit)), Hide level-up graphics
                • Hero - Modify Strength of (Last created unit): Set to (Strength of (Last created unit) (Exclude bonuses))
                • Hero - Modify Agility of (Last created unit): Set to (Agility of (Last created unit) (Exclude bonuses))
                • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Last created unit): Set to (Intelligence of (Last created unit) (Exclude bonuses))
                • Unit - Add a 30.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Else - Actions

6. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Last created unit): Set to (Intelligence of (Last created unit) (Exclude bonuses)

These actions do nothing.

7. greasontim

greasontim

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok well those are fixed
    thank you for pointing that out to me

8. i_am_cuul

i_am_cuul

Resources:
    Resources:
    That trigger looks ok, make sure that you can only use this once you have enough lvls to have all other abilities. Then you need to make a trigger that makes the clone cast the same spell when the hero casts a spell. I would also suggest to have some sort of boolean to tell when the spell is active so you know when to make the clone try to ast the spell so it doesnt try if there isnt a clone.

9. greasontim

greasontim

Resources:
    Resources:
    i know i need a trigger for the same target thats wat i'm here for

10. BearMachine

BearMachine

Resources:
    Resources:
    You might want to add the clones to a unit-group so that you can order all units of that unit group to cast a certain spell, you should make a trigger like this:

• Jaina Casts fireball and orders clones to imitate her
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Jaina_Clone_Group and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Neutral - Firebolt (Target unit of ability being cast))

You will have to make a trigger for each spell as they are based on different abilities and some require a unit and some require a point.

11. greasontim

greasontim

Resources:
    Resources:
    what about blizzard?

12. BearMachine

BearMachine

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah yea, you wanted it to be usable for multiple heroes on a multiplayer map so you might want to add a array to the unit group, also for the blizzard you should use the exact same thing, but instead of "unit - issue order targeting a unit" you should use "unit - issue order targeting a point". Oh and might add a condition to each trigger checking what spell is being cast as it might cause issued on each ability cast.

Here are the triggers just to be clear:

• Jaina casts fireball
      • Events
      • Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to Fireball
      • Actions
        • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Clone_Unit_Group[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target unit of ability being cast))

• Jaina casts Blizzard
      • Events
      • Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blizzard
      • Actions
        • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Clone_Unit_Group[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Human Archmage - Blizzard (Target point of ability being cast))

13. greasontim

greasontim

Resources:
    Resources:
    i have it set for multi hero already
    heres what i have
    • Attacks
      • Events
      • Conditions
      • Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • (Ability being cast) Equal to Fire Ball
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Clone[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Neutral - Firebolt (Target unit of ability being cast))
          • Else - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • (Ability being cast) Equal to Fire Ball
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Clone[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Neutral - Firebolt (Target unit of ability being cast))
          • Else - Actions

and blizzard for some reason isnt a skill i can pick

14. BearMachine

BearMachine

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's because you are looking at ability's that use a unit as a target, scroll down to the issue order targeting a point. The rest looks good.

15. greasontim

greasontim

Resources:
    Resources:
    ty and rep+