• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Salutations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone. I go by Omnius for the sake of having a code name (kudos if you know which series Omnius is from.) I'm aiming to eventually become a game developer, but in the meantime between my college classes I like to tweak and mod maps and feel that getting into the modding community will give me some experience for what I'm essentially going to be making my living doing. I appreciate any pointers and tips people want to give me--I'm also interested in getting a map crafting group together if anyone here's interested in doing that. I'm fairly good with balancing, terraining, and story-writing. I'm a tad rusty on triggers (hoping to work on that a bit in the future before I get into Starcraft II modding.) If anyone here is interested in taking me up on my offer feel free to say so and I'll send you a PM. Let's make some great stuff.

Level 21
Hello Omnius,

Welcome aboard the Hive Workshop!
As a first tip, I'd like to tell you that posting two threads with the same purpose (in your case introducing yourself) is forbidden by the Site Rules. I suggest you have a look at them. Considering this fact, this thread of yours is against the rules.

Enough with the boring formalities, let's get to something more interesting. You like modding maps and map crafting groups right? Then don't waste any other second and head to the Map Development forum where a lot of map makers beseech the aid of people like you.

Lastly, if you should ever have problems with complicated triggers or the pesky World Editor itself, feel free to share them with the community here and here to find the solutions.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Enjoy your time here!

Level 2
Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't realize that the introduction made two posts until it was already too late and I attempted removing the original one in favor of this one. Apologies x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.