• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I just wanted to know who rushes in melee. I have tryed to rush and failed. And when i hang back and build i get rushed and die (i havn't won one game yet lol :p) I just wanted to see who you do it.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I have a friend called Martin. And we played a lot together a few months ago.
Our strategy was to build your hero. Start creeping. And the producing of hunts (grunts/fiends etc) keeps on. NO PAUSE IN PRODUCTION. When hero goes lvl 2. We attack. The production is still on. And then we usually win.

Level 14
My friend Ryann has rushed and beaten people in less than 3 min before. I will try to get him to play on euro more. He is RhynoJeep\40_Rynno (Or something similar to that.) and in East he is like level 25 or so, and that is only because he stopped playing after getting bored with the game.

Level 4
Lol. i can beat the computer on easy and sometimes on normal. but on insane it only won because i ran out of gold on booty bay. I don't know why....im just not good at melee.

Level 12
Yeah, plus they are dumber, thus the whole "easy" thing. If you need rush advice I strongly suggest you talk to RhinoJeep.

Level 12
The only problem with it tho is that if your rush is defeated you lose since the other side has a huge advantage on you.

Level 4
When i play melee games i rush depending on a few things. If its a 1v1 map w/2 spawning points i almost definitely rush. The fact that i rush almost every time is that i always play orc. Human, and Night Elf are also good rushing races, but Undead arent good rushing races. If you are a random player you should creep if you are undead. I've seen some undead builds where when their hero spawns they have 2 fiends 3 gouls and 2 skellitions from the rod of necromancy, but the hero is late thus making it not really much of a rush. Also, a major decision factor when rushing is when you've scouted their base (which you should do ASAP). Basically, rush if it's a good idea to rush, and don't do the same thing every game because one thing is easy to counter as opposed to multiple things. For those of you who are new to the game, you should always ALWAYS rush if they are teching too fast, and you also have to consider your economy when rushing. For example: its always better to town portal instead of loosing a whole bunch of units cuz a tp only costs 350 gold when an army costs a lot more while keeping exp away from your opponent. I noticed that this game differs from starcraft in a way as that your army's survival is key to your survival. Alot of people think that going for buildings and trying to get your opponent to loose from killing all his/her buildings which is a bad idea. So when you rush you basically want to go for peons and other fighting units. The #1 thing when you rush is to not loose any units, your first few units are almost twice as valueable. I also hold the alt key down almost too much cuz it makes HP bars over each unit and you can see where your enemy is focusing and you can keep the focused units out of danger by having them run. Anyways, rushing is good, but dont mess it up because it will hurt you if you do.

Attachments

• asscorpvladdastanky.w3g
    68.3 KB · Views: 83
Level 3
They are dumb.. indeed. when i play against the comp and i see they are expanding i always kill the second mine.. and again and again and again.. untill they won't got money anymore.. Than they stop everything.. even when i give them gold with greedisgood.. that use to give all players gold.

Level 7
i dont know what is hard bout rushing. just get a hero someunits and attack . while you atteck upgrade main and build some defenses

Level 12
And just how many games have you won against players like that? Show us the replays, else please do not speak of the "ease" unless you are above level 40 and undefeated. The hard part is how others are trying to do the same thing you are, thus the difficulty.

Level 7
you just need some expirience
but im more a counter creep player.
just sitting back and creeping untill your hero is strong enough to kick the enemy's ass (build some towers and you can easily defeat theyre rush)

Mastif

M

Mastif

I have beaten the insane computer in booty bay, wasnt very hard if you ask me. Maybe i was lucky. I dont know

Level 9
Rushing is okay but some people might just counter it like mass grunts vs mass sorceress (fuuly Upgraded)
the sorceresses will use slow and polymorp and the grunts will taks a long time to attack the sorceresses.So just take care which units and heros you pick.Grunt and Troll berzerkers can counter the magic units for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.