• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RUGGEDARTHAS.blp

Armor Redesign for Arthas, he has cool stubble and scale mail

Please do not edit without my permission and please give credit if you use my skins :D

UPDATE: small overhaul, changed armor so details could be visible, upgraded boots to snazzy, and suffered editing hammer

Keywords:
Arthas Knight Rugged Stubble Cool Kid Wow Knight Lordaeron Paladin Hero Human King Baron Fighter Warrior War Craft WC3 Hammer
Contents

RUGGEDARTHAS.blp (Texture)

Reviews
15:57, 24th Apr 2015 Kwaliti: The chainmail details got devoured, basically. Approvable in the current state, but I'd really like it more defined if possible.

M

15:57, 24th Apr 2015
Kwaliti:

The chainmail details got devoured, basically. Approvable in the current state, but I'd really like it more defined if possible.

Level 25
Great job on this! This is well-shaded and nicely detailed - I'm especially fond of the belt bucket, cape and tunic. You certainly managed to capture that rugged look. Just from looking at the texture, however, I think the detail on the chainmail might be lost in-game, but I could be wrong.
If you're feeling up for it, I'd still say the gloves could use some improvements, and the boots some thicker outlines, but this is easily approvable at this stage nonetheless.

It's hard to tell, is that chainmail, or scale mail?

Either way, the links/scales are too small for the level of detail to be appreciated. It's a shame that such detail on the pauldrons is lost to the TC.

Still, spectacular job on this, great for only your second skin. This is deserving of a custom model to fully take advantage of the quality of this texture. You've earned a 5/5 from me.

Update: Changed shoulder details and attempted to revitalize the chainmail areas :|

I was wrong, it wasn't the TC that stopped your beautiful pauldrons from showing their detail, it was the shoulder wrap of the model. You should still go back to your old pauldrons, I think.

The chainmail looks more like chainmail, now. It looked like scale mail before, not that there's anything wrong with that.