• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round System like Total War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello guys :goblin_yeah:,
i have a problem because I can't find some sort of system that gives only one player the control of his units. After a several amount of time like 60 secs the next player should get the control over his units.
I have made a system that picks the player after a leaderboard.
So my only problem is the part of giving just one player the control.
Here are my triggers:

• Leaderboard
    • Ereignisse
      • Zeit - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Bedingungen
    • Aktionen
      • Bestenliste - Create a leaderboard for (All players) titled Rundenreihenfolge
      • Spielergruppe - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Schleifen - Aktionen
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • 'IF'-Bedingungen
              • ((Picked player) controller) Gleich Benutzer
              • ((Picked player) slot status) Gleich Spielt
            • 'THEN'-Aktionen
              • Bestenliste - Add (Picked player) to (Last created leaderboard) with label (Name of (Picked player)) and value 0
            • 'ELSE'-Aktionen
      • Bestenliste - Zeigen (Last created leaderboard)
  • LeaderboardR
    • Ereignisse
      • Zeit - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    • Bedingungen
    • Aktionen
      • Set PickReihenfolge = (PickReihenfolge + 1)
      • Spielergruppe - Pick every player in (All players matching ((((Matching player) controller) Gleich Benutzer) and (((Matching player) slot status) Gleich Spielt))) and do (Actions)
        • Schleifen - Aktionen
          • Bestenliste - Change the value for (Picked player) in (Last created leaderboard) to PickReihenfolge
  • Timer
    • Ereignisse
      • Zeit - rundenTimer expires
    • Bedingungen
    • Aktionen
      • Set maxPlayser = PickReihenfolge
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to PickReihenfolge, do (Actions)
        • Schleifen - Aktionen
          • Set Player_Control = (Player in position PickReihenfolge of (Last created leaderboard))
          • Countdown-Timer - Destroy (Last created timer window)
          • Countdown-Timer - Start rundenTimer as a Einmalig timer that will expire in 60.00 seconds
          • Countdown-Timer - Create a timer window for (Last started timer) with title Zeit für die Runde...
          • Wait 60.00 seconds
Thank you
and sry for my bad english

Level 2
Ohh man thank you.
I use the leaderboard to make it me easier to see which player having the move.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Such systems are generally not recommended for RTS games as they can result in very slow paced action. This is why most modern 4X games and turn based games allow for simultaneous turns.

You can pause all units on the map and then only unpause the units for the player who's round it currently is. When his round ends you pause all his units and unpause the next player etc.

Pausing might be a better solution than ownership change. There is no need to track which units belong to which player since when you pause the units they retain their original owner.

What you are asking was slightly unclear. Can you clarify if you want the same pool of units to be controlled in turn by different players? Or if you want each player to own his own units which can only be controlled when it is the owners turn?

Level 2
First thank you for your answer.
I know it isn't good to use. But I want to challenge myself. Something like: Are you good enough too make that real?
I'm very bad at triggering and the WE so I try to realize such projects too get better ;).
Sry for not being clear. I want each player to own his own units which can only be controlled when it is the owners turn.

I made it working with the owner thing but I will also try your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.