• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rexxar

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Background story:
Rexxar, Champion of the Horde, is a half-ogre, half-orc beastmaster of the Mok'Nathal clan, and may be one of the few from the clan. He was instrumental in aiding the Horde during the founding of Durotar, and saved the city of Orgrimmar from Admiral Proudmoore. Due to his mixed lineage, he is a towering and massively muscled warrior, and he wields his two huge axes with tremendous skill and ferocity. Rexxar is always seen with his loyal bear companion Misha.
In the period between the founding of Durotar and the reopening of the Dark Portal, Rexxar wandered the wilds of Kalimdor, his path running from the Stonetalon Mountains through Desolace to Feralas. During the Burning Crusade, he ventured to Thunderlord Stronghold in the Blade's Edge Mountains of Outland, protecting the settlement against ogres and gronn while trying to reconnect with his people. He returned to Azeroth during the Cataclysm, and later joined the hunters of the Unseen Path during the last war with the Burning Legion. After the Legion was defeated, Rexxar served on the front lines in Kul Tiras, and later answered Varok Saurfang's call to arms in the uprising that deposed Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner.
“I have watched the other races...
I have seen their squabbling, their ruthlessness.
Their wars do nothing but scar the land, and drive the wild things to extinction.
No, they cannot be trusted. Only beasts are above deceit.”
276691-447020cf53808d410280009c211fbaa7.png
2024.2.19:
1. Merge portrait head and animations with the main model.
2. Fix some texture wrapping issues.
3. Merge geosets that use the same material.
4. Reduce polygons number from 5164 to 4410.
5. Add various missile models.
6.Rename files.
7. Add necklace, add TC glow to the left shoulder skull.
8. Add Attack Alternate - 1, Attack Alternate - 2, Attafk Slam animations.
9. Fix all the issues detected by Sanity Test.

1~6 are finished by Lefroit and Ujimasa Hojo.

2024.2.20:
1. Add sound to the new-made attack animations.
2. Fix issues of collision and model extends.

Keywords: Ogre, Mok'nathal
Previews
Contents

Rexxar (Model)

Rexxar_Missile A (Model)

Rexxar_Missile B (Model)

Rexxar_Missile C (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Might be useful for some people. A bit too simple edit.
Level 17
Yeah so, here's the thing, i love those team color tints wrapping around the shoulders and the weapons, about time someone used it to good effect since the days of the Berserk SFX. the tiny armor bits on his feet/belt are great, the new axes shape and quality, attractive.

aaaaaand i'll probably edit out the skull chin if i use it. and i almost forgot to say, you rock.

Level 50
Yeah so, here's the thing, i love those team color tints wrapping around the shoulders and the weapons, about time someone used it to good effect since the days of the Berserk SFX. the tiny armor bits on his feet/belt are great, the new axes shape and quality, attractive.

aaaaaand i'll probably edit out the skull chin if i use it. and i almost forgot to say, you rock.
Yeah, basically he did everything great, but was too lazy(?) to wrap the skull sholder pad and the skull armor on his arm better.

Thank you for your like!About his skull chin. I'm based on Storm the Heroes.
Lksdspf.png

Level 17
Thank you for your like!About his skull chin. I'm based on Storm the Heroes.
You can easily merge your reply to Stefan inside the reply to me so its not a double post.
but anyway, i didn't know about Hots version of this skin, it looks pretty interesting and nice but even on that i just don't agree with that skull chin existing, its a whole neck there 😳

Not that you should remove it though i was just voicing my opinion.

You can easily merge your reply to Stefan inside the reply to me so its not a double post.
but anyway, i didn't know about Hots version of this skin, it looks pretty interesting and nice but even on that i just don't agree with that skull chin existing, its a whole neck there 😳

Not that you should remove it though i was just voicing my opinion.
I'm not very good at using the hive of function.

Level 50
Considering that This and This also exist, i personally think this model should have either been approved, or it was set in the Useful section just very barely missing the Approved mark.

I like it alot anyway 🙂
Don't want to start some drama, but most of the Johnwar's models are simple retextures and they also get approved.

Level 17
Don't want to start some drama, but most of the Johnwar's models are simple retextures and they also get approved.
I wouldn't say simple, they bring alot to of change, they're not like any regular reskin we've seen and most of the times come in several different versions so its not a "singular" version of "A" model, while a more light-hearted yet no less awesome one would be our Lord and Savior Grand Master Ujimasa Hojo (May God bless his soul)'s work. :grin:

I dont want to argue with the moderators though about this, they probably know alot better.

Obviously, I mean I'd rather use effective / simple than restricted.I don't think my model is very simple.
Then make it better.
I told you so in the personal message I sent you yesterday. I am not your enemy neither I want to be vindictive to you.

Please respond to the PM I sent you so we can get things straight, okay?

Making a private conversation public is against the rules.

Level 2
Excuse me? What do you want more?
You are being straight up unreasonable now. You said you are okay with your models being in simple.
In any case, can you give the reasons why Johnwar's Rexxar is approved but BaiyuGalan's is simple? There are so many people thinking BaidyGalan's Rexxar is a good model. I don't think you should explain this by "useful for someone".

In any case, can you give the reasons why Johnwar's Rexxar is approved but BaiyuGalan's is simple? There are so many people thinking BaidyGalan's Rexxar is a good model. I don't think you should explain this by "useful for someone".
johnwars' model is more optimized, more fitting into wc3, better looking that this model.
Also, johnwar actually listens to input and does not cause drama and is reasonable.

But we should not compare models.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
But we should not compare models.
As the rules state. Resource moderation is case-by-case. Different staff sees different things. If all staff members have to look at the same model, we will never get ajour with the moderation queue.

People often want to compare old model moderations with new ones. That is meaningless as the standards in the past were lower than they are now.

However, seeing as this model is compared to a recently submitted one. It might be possible to compare. The difference is that Frank moderated this one and @ILH moderated johnwar's model. Even they most likely have differing standards despite trying to be on the same page. This is allowed. It's why we allow people to ask for a second opinion.
johnwars' model is more optimized, more fitting into wc3, better looking that this model.
@ILH already looked over this moderation and agrees with it.

Level 11
Last edited:
Any chance you could add an attack alternate/throw? Really love this but need a version where it looks like he's throwing his axes on attack.
The response from two years later...I have already added it.I hope you like it.
Hi! I saw you updating your Juggernaut model, so I've decided to update this also. Merged portrait using Beastmaster and Derivatives and lots of small changes like added sounds.
Credits to https://www.hiveworkshop.com/members/ujimasa-hojo.142431/
P.S. If you're planning to update the bundle, I recommend to update description as well, the translation isn't very good.
The description has been replaced.Thank you again.
Please add an in-game screenshot and rename the model files in the pack so that they're easily identifiable.
Hi ILH, I updated this model. Could you re-review it?