• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Restricting purchases or refunding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
For my map I have 4 different types (weapon/armor/helm/trinket) of unique equipment, each of which has several pieces but only one piece of a type may be used at a time. I'm not allowing players to drop items and there will be none picked up, only buying and sell back to buy others. Preventing players from picking up another item of the same type is easy, but preventing them from wasting their gold by buying an item they can't use is giving me trouble. I developed a good way to check if they already have the same type and remove the item if they do, but they still lose the gold. I can't find any way to prevent them from buying or refund their gold if they do.

And I searched, but all I was able to find was triggers to prevent picking up items off the ground.

Level 14
The Thing you need is: Dummies.

You create several dummies, each one for one armor. Then you can get the unit type of the sold unit, and see if the player should not buy this armor.
You can give the gold back, that the player payed for the equipment like this, and all should be fine.

Things you need would be:

Unit Comparisson - Unit Type of (Sold Unit)
Unit Comparisson - Unit Type of (Buying Unit)
Item Type Comparisson - Item Type of (Item Being Manipulated)

Item Action (Remove Item) - Remove (Item Being Manipulated)
Player Action (Property) - Set (Owner of Buying Unit) Gold to (Owner of Buying Unit Gold + The Price of the Item)

Level 2
To get the gold cost, you could set the HP of each item to its gold cost, so you can get it by trigger

Yup I noticed. I ended up just using a variable to track what gold each player is SUPPOSED to have, and then when they make a purchase if it's not allowed it resets their gold to the variable or updates the variable to their new total when the purchase is allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.