• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Resetting my editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
When I watch tutorials I see this basic, warcraft-like editor when you first open it upon creating a new map. with melee initialization there and a single trigger.

Well I don't see that. I don't know what I did, but I see either 2 strange catalogs full of triggers such as 'Portrait', or I see nothing. Same case when I open a map created by someone else, that should be full of triggers.

Does any1 know how to reset my editor without reïnstalling starcraft2?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Check the view menu, you are currently seeing the GUI base library so you have probably turned off the trigger panel. Under view you should be able to turn it back on.

Additionally some beta maps probably have damaged trigger data, someone thought it was cleaver to try and protect maps by stopping us from reading the triggers.

You can always go to the import manager and then read the trigger script directly there.

Level 3
Check the view menu, you are currently seeing the GUI base library so you have probably turned off the trigger panel. Under view you should be able to turn it back on.

Additionally some beta maps probably have damaged trigger data, someone thought it was cleaver to try and protect maps by stopping us from reading the triggers.

You can always go to the import manager and then read the trigger script directly there.

thx, I can see the triggers now

Allso, as for the custom maps it was probably the beta thing

Status
Not open for further replies.