• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requsting name for my AOS map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Requsting name for my AOS map
-

I need very good unused name that fits perfeclty my map +rep to winner
my terrain has these on high use snow/ice/forest if that helps create name

Attachments

• Nimetön – Kopio.jpg
    Nimetön – Kopio.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 469
Level 7
i was posting before you posted this that im gonna rename my map and i nkow i have writed it wrong on my signature and topic

why so big ''ENTER'' user

Level 12
most dotas have a subname like 'allstars' or 'danites hell' etc.

so call it 'DotA: Winter Wars' or something.

Even if a subname is there, the people who have already played dota allstars will diss this map upon it's name.

It's just like the majority of the people who watched star wars first will dislike star trek, and the people who watched star trek first will dislike star wars.

Also, is the map even about the ancients? Like sentinels vs scourge?

DotA = Defense of the Ancients.

Btw, League of Legends: Clash of Fate is what the previous editor(guinsoo) of dota allstars stopped making the map went to do. He signed on with Riot Games to make a new game called "League of Legends: Clash of Fate" which is what I think meteOrain- named his map after and is now seeking a rename to avoid copyright/copying/unoriginality issues.

Level 4
first of all, using the name "Dota" is a really stupid idea (True that icefrog is not the only one who use it but if your map is going to be named Dota also then other people would simply think that you're a cheap off,(having the map to be called noob before people actually play the map is not such of a great idea or is it? I don't think so lol)

I think that the name of this map should be something related to: ice, snow, frozen, defend, winter, or anything related to "war and cold"

Level 7
How about "Seals of fate" = SOF ?
or
"Guardians of the order" = GOTO (hehe)

or Frozen rebellion of the seven thrones In other words "Frost" (Rebellion or redemption you choose)

Division of worlds = 'DOW' ?, The Chaotic assault = 'TCA' and finally "The curse of lordaeron" (here you could place some sort of story like the place is cursed into an eternity of ice and frozen yogurt and stuff and the only way for the good affiliation to escape the curse is to obtain or destroy an artifact that the evil affiliation holds, like dotas lichking throne) 'TCL' That would be all for now....

I also have a question, is it human vs. human or another race, that way it would help you get better results and for me to find a better name :p
Your maps terrain looks pretty awesome and hopefully will get lots of rating here on the hiveworkshop.

Level 7
Ohh Myy GoDdd these are pure awesome vincent

It's like village Vs demon Town

you can see here it http://www.xfire.com/video/8568c/

so its like demon/undead versus elf/hum but not specifiec races

i like the three first can't choose :D yet

I had just before i posted this a freaking nice idea

War of the Sins = WoS/WotS
The War of Sins = TWoS/WoS/ToS
so now i have to think with

War of the Sins = WoS/Wots
The War of Sins = TWoS/WoS/ToS