• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

>Requesting a Pro GUI Trigger writer<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I ask for this so I can get help with the map(s) I am making, I have come to some dead ends. . . and am about ready to start tearing my hair out over these blasted triggers, lol. . .

It has to be GUI, because I dont know JASS, none whatsoever. . . also I am using World Edit Unlimited (because it can do a few things that I can't do/don't know how to do) but if I get someone who can use GUI well, then I will remake the map in standard World Edit.

PM me if you can help.

Level 5
I dont really wanna give away to much detail, stupid I know, but the other reason is that I am working on a few maps at the same time. (a bad idea really ><)

I really just need someone who is better than me with triggers, I mean, I'm ok with GUI triggers, but there is still alot that I dont know, it will be general help with the triggers for my map(s), basically, someone to look over the ones that I do myself and someone to do the ones that I cant get working. Someone who will, correct my trigger mistakes and the such.

Im not asking for them to do all the work, rather, just check the triggers that I have and do the ones, or atleast help with the ones that I cant do.

Level 6
i'll post this here, so you don't get several people offering. I could help. send me a PM with all the details and such and we can continue from there.

Level 9
Help Request: Accepted

I dont really wanna give away to much detail, stupid I know, but the other reason is that I am working on a few maps at the same time. (a bad idea really ><)

I really just need someone who is better than me with triggers, I mean, I'm ok with GUI triggers, but there is still alot that I dont know, it will be general help with the triggers for my map(s), basically, someone to look over the ones that I do myself and someone to do the ones that I cant get working. Someone who will, correct my trigger mistakes and the such.

Im not asking for them to do all the work, rather, just check the triggers that I have and do the ones, or atleast help with the ones that I cant do.

Hmmm.... I could help. Send me a copy of the map, and i'll see what I can do.
I'm currently working on two maps right now, but i can always stop them to help someone out.

Level 25
A GUI Trigger Writter? Perhaps you mean you are looking for someone who is well experienced with JASS scripting? JASS is far more better than a GUI Triggerer just to let you know, however it is less likely that you will come across one who is actually interested in your project when you have nothing to show for it. Although JASS scripters seem to enjoy helping with ORPG maps most of all. Best of luck to you and your project!
~Craka_J

Level 40
Although JASS scripters seem to enjoy helping with ORPG maps most of all.
Personally, anyways, I prefer things like ORPGs because they're more fun to make (more challenging and all), due to the numerous things you can do with them.

And Orca, if you want someone else to do the triggers for you anyways, why do you have to be able to 100% understand them? Also, a lot of JASS isn't that hard to read for GUI users, (Speaking from experience before I learned JASS here) just really damn hard to write anything that does anything with it. (until you learn it more, of course)

At the point that it starts getting really messy, you shouldn't be using GUI anyways... it'll do the stuff really badly in spots that efficiency matters, and not be MUI, and be harder to read (long GUI triggers are hell...)

Level 20
MUI in GUI is so difficult compared to jass... with jass you don't need arrays, you only need locals and gamecache. Problem solved.

The only thing that might be a problem with jass is the syntax, but hey, that's why JassCraft exists.

Level 6
Challenge me to do something that you dont think i would be able to do in gui, and Ill do it.

Level 6
Custom scripts are a function of gui, so theres no reason I shouldnt use them.

I dont know what the gamecache storage system is.

Level 40
Custom scripts are a function of gui, so theres no reason I shouldnt use them.
Custom scripts implant JASS into GUI. Adding them left,right,and center (which is what you would have to do to make things like such a storage system) is effectively coding JASS with efficiency problems in some places (wherever you use GUI actions...)

A gamecache storage system is a system that attaches a value (unit,integer,etc) to a specific handle (timer,unit,group,player,etc,etc - everything except real,integer,boolean,string,code), using a string 'tag' (eg "int"), and allowing that value to be retrieved later by way of the tag and the same handle. The reason it's a gamecache storage system is because the method of storage is... via a gamecache :p

Anyways, we're sorta getting off-topic, so maybe we should continue this discussion through PMs or something, if you really want to ;)

Level 5
Well, for me I think it's kinda obvious, but I'll say anywayz. . .

If I need to edit something and its done in GUI Triggers, chances are that I can do it myself. IF however, it is scripted in JASS, then im up the creek without a paddle.

Level 25
Heres what you should do then. Trigger it yourself in GUI triggers and then let a JASS triggerer do the rest that you can't, since it's a 100% fact that JASS coding is better than GUI. GUI is noob triggering, what it really is is JASS but simplified. JASS is the the code that runs the functions. But if you write the JASS code yourself, you can remove leaks and make the functions respond better and reduce lag. You can also make complex systems with JASS. I won't go on more about this because there is a lot JASS can do. Just giving some examples and ideas. :p
~Craka_J

Level 5
I was thinking of just plodding on with the map and then giving it to a JASS scripter and asking them to do the things that I can't do and to rewrite the GUI to JASS. (Because I do know how much more effective JASS is).

But no one is gonna want to sit down and do that. . .

Level 6
If you find someone else better suited to the job, a jasser, for example, i won't mind if you switch over to them. if you dont find someone else, Im still happy to do what you need in gui.

Level 25
One idea for now is get all that you can done in GUI, then have a JASS guy come and redo it all in JASS. At least he'll have the basic idea of how the triggers are set up and what you want each function to do and so on...
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.