• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[REQUEST] Is it possible to make a monkey model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Can anyone out there create a monkey model? I noticed a lack of them (read:0) in the models section and could use one in an RPG type map I am making. Any help is greatly appreciated and credit will go to the creator for his/her help.

Level 10
No worries man, I had the time on my hands and I thought it would be funny to do. The texture path is just monkeyboy.blp btw

That texture needs a lot of work on the face, and the lack of a tail is disturbing. But you did pretty good, otherwise.

Haha yeah it is just a cheap monkey substitute model. I hate the child model but when I remembered it has that stand animation with the little jump I thought a quick reskin would be perfect. It's not a particularly good looking model or detailed skin, but ingame it will be so small that noones going to argue that it looks like a little monkey/small hairy boy with monkey-like features.

I didn't do this to provide a prime example of my wikid skinning talents (lol), I just thought that spider's chances of getting a monkey model would be slim so I whipped it up so atleast he has something for his game. If someone want's to go all out and make him a proper one, go for it

Status
Not open for further replies.