• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request for Anti-Bot host system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there, Yes im a 1 post wonder but Ive been watching hive for about 3 years now and forums aren't my thing.

But lets break it down. I see bot hosts everywhere, all over battle net :vw_sad: I cant host ANYTHING anymore and at first I thought battle net was just going under after all these years. But after researching it turns out that these bot hosts are pushing user created games right out of the water. They are coded to be #1 in the menu and constantly fight over it from what I have found. I was wondering if anyone new a trigger to add to a map to recognize a bot has hosted the game and if so, crash it or something of that effect. Thanks for reading even if your going to flame or just ignore :D

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If such a method were possible, it would only make your map even less popular than it already is so would actually be detrimental to your map's sucess...

Sadly it is not possible, even methods of getting the host of a game are not reliable and bots are not even players ingame. It may be possible if the bot broadcasts some form of config value all the time (like some form of data load that I heard they can do) but it should not be doing that for random maps.

You games do appear on the map list, just people are so lazy they do not bother scrolling down to the bottom to see you. Or perhapse the problem is that there are no people who would want to play your map (as WC3 has lost a lot of people over the years).

Level 2
Yea its a shame. I'l keep my hopes open and search for a way while hoping for a response with the aid i seek. And to the starcraft 2 note its pretty sad, warcraft 3 is such a beautiful thing because you can edit almost anything. While starcraft 2 has alot of power its lose oh so very much :goblin_wtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.