• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SD/Modeling] Request for a new type of model for the night elves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Unknown Friends,

This is a request for a model to be made for the original wc3 (NOT reforged).

There is a unit that I hope to see created for the enjoyment of not only myself but all, as it is a novel idea and there is no unit like it, and much like Stephen King's stories, the inspiration for this unit came from a dream.

• the unit is humanoid, with distinct head, arms, and legs
  • made of light at its core, a bursting brilliant light, whose light is shrouded by the cover of leaves that float about it, perhaps so that those not of the forest can look upon the being without being blinded...?
  • Animations: either the Birth, Death, or Morph animations will involve a ball of light moving from the ground to around the heart level, followed by leaves moving up from a pile to cover the body of light that forms instantly, and of course in reverse. Perhaps a deceptive tactic would be for this unit to make people think that it died and turned into a pile of leaves. The idea is: the true spirit of the Dryad, the spirit of the forest that protects and keeps its realm and does anything to maintain it. Other animations would include anything windy with leaves, like healing wind (accidental FF7 reference), or razor leaf (ouch, sorry bulbasaur), or anything leafy or viney. Then of course maybe something related to the being of light that exists beneath the leaves, so maybe some variation on some of the existing animations within WC3 like the Rohkan's healing spell.

I saw beings like this in a dream I had a long time ago, and their images are burned into my memory - I wish I were able to draw the beings from the dream, they were so beautiful. It took place in an old, bright forest with hills and giant trees, and one of the beings' children showed me its telekinetic powers using a couple rocks. In the dream it felt like the beings were trying to reach out in communication and peace, via one of their children, who was immensely powerful.

I hope this inspires some or many. Entonces, please respond here or in PM to discuss further. We only live once.

Cordially,
TE

Status
Not open for further replies.