• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Renaming Trigger/Attachment List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Two things, would anyone happen to know the Renaming trigger? I've been tinkering with one for a while, and I can't get it right.
((I.E. --> -rename ______))
The series of underscores being the substring in which the player's name is to be changed into.

Also, would anyone happen to know the model body attachment list?

Like Weapon, Hands, Chest, ect.? To add swords/guns and such.

Level 6
example for a renametrigger:
Code:
C iam
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -iam  as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -iam  as A substring
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -iam  as A substring
        Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -iam  as A substring
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player - Set name of (Triggering player) to (Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string))))

change the 6 in the substring if you use a different rename command (like -rename -name or whatever). replace length of entered chat string with a certain value if u want a limit for the length of the names. (im not sure about the maximum but i guess its 2,5 lines / 256 chars)

as for attachments... each unit has different possible attachmentpoints. origin (e.g. for auras), chest (e.g. divine shield, purge), head (no idea atm), overhead (e.g. for curse, shadowstrike), weapon (e.g. orbs), "hand, left" (e.g. bloodlust?), "hand, right" (same as bevore). im unsure about the feet but i guess its the same as the hands. u might also want to check out certain abilities or buffs to check their attachmentstrings.

Status
Not open for further replies.