• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing Heroes in Dota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello there Guys , im new here at hiveworkshop . and i just want to ask if there is a editor use to edit heroes in (DotA) taverns . like .

- Deleting Some Heroes .
- Move Hero to another Tavern .
- Deleting Tavern .

What will be the tool that i will use if i want to do this ? can you give me the file name or the download link ? thanks in advance .

(sorry for the wrong grammar if there is)

:fp::thumbs_up:

Level 14
Pretty standard, I don't usually answer DotA questions but what the hey :p
You use the object editor:
1.Deleting heroes.
-Go to the object editor and click the units tab,you will see a custom unit with the hero name you desire, select it,and press delete,also go to the trigger editor and delete any triggers related to that hero if you want a smaller filesize
2.Moving Heroes into other taverns
-Again,go to the object editor, units tab, you will see a custom building with the tavern of which you desire, scroll down and look if there is "Heroes sold" (If I could remember)
you will see a list of heroes there,you can delete,add heroes,etc.
3.Deleting Tavern
-The same as Deleting heroes,except you will select the tavern instead.
P.S. I wouldn't edit DotA,since it's protected (cannot be opened),and it wouldn't be the most original of all choices,but good luck.

IceFrog's map is probably in some Dropbox folder.
He has a team of coders and shit.

By the way, it's against the rules to speak of deprotecting maps, but just for your information, it is possible to retrieve the map's code and object data, but it is not easy at all to have the map code organized into different triggers because that is world editor-only data.

Status
Not open for further replies.