• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Remove Unit Delay :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there again :cry:,
I'Ve go again a new problem and can't find in the search tool a thread :/

Okay my situation is that my unit doesn't remove after my wait, but a few seconds later.

So my Trigger looks like this :

If unit enters playable map area

-> if unit type of triggering = soldier

create 1 fire for player11 at position of triggering unit

wait 0.1 seconds

remove last created unit

It shoul workd, but if 0.1 seconds have passed, the fire is still there !?! and removes after a few seconds :hohum:

So what I could do ?!

Level 7
Griffen, I believe when you remove an unit as opposed to killing it, it will remove the entire model. Some models linger if you kill them instead.

Level 3
Thanks for help, but I still can't find a solution :(

>It's a model issue. The model can linger. Try setting its vertex colouring to have 100% transparency before removing it; if it doesn't work, hide and then remove.

Tried all of this, doesn't work.

> Griffen, I believe when you remove an unit as opposed to killing it, it will remove the entire model. Some models linger if you kill them instead.
I used remove as said.(just for info)

> Quite sure that the problem is the Wait imprecision. Remember that wait's interval can be even twice longer as it was supposed to be.

(is the sentence gramatically correct? o_O)

I made the smallest wait and doesn't work X(

Level 5
Waits of .1 seconds don't work. Use a timer for smaller wait values, generally anything smaller than .3 or so.

Level 19
normal wait waits about 1-1.5 seconds even if you write 0.1
IT DOESNT CARE ABOUT WHAT U SAID

Level 2
All the problem is in the model. The trigger (above the leaking part) doesn't cause any problem. I just tested it using the same trigger and had no problem. The fire unit was created and 0.01 seconds later destroyed.
Try using another model.

Level 7
Try this go to actions and do this: Unit - Add a X seconds genetic expiration timer to (last created unit). X is used for how many seconds you want your fire monster(or whatever) to last.. Or change the wait duration...

Level 3
>Try this go to actions and do this: Unit - Add a X seconds genetic expiration timer to (last created unit). X is used for how many seconds you want your fire monster(or whatever) to last.. Or change the wait duration..

I'm gonna try it later,ty.

But now I have a new problem and don't want to open a new thread, because it's similar to this.

• Event - A unit starts using an ability
  • Ability being cast = Stormbolt
  • Specialeffet - Create Shield attached to Unit blabla
  • Set Variable Shield = Last created effect
  • Timer - Start Timer that will expire in 2.00 seconds for variable shield timer
PAGE 2
  • Event - Shield timer expires
  • Specialeffect - destroy shield effect

I have got that problem,that my model doesn't disappear after 2 seconds `?!
What the hell could I do to fix this ? This damn problem makes me realy sick :(
And if someone knows another way, then tell please how to fix the model..

Level 3
Okay, I don't know why anyone (a bit expect Jump) and me became this idea, I changed the attachment, and it works.
So I have to fix my model and I don't know how, it would be nice to move this thread into the model section I think, because I think the trigger guys can't help here anymore :cry:
But would be nice if someone would have an idea

I try to make a death animation with 0 visibility , but I thing that's not fixing it :(

Level 14
It's a model issue. The model can linger.

Okay, I don't know why anyone (a bit expect Jump) and me became this idea, I changed the attachment, and it works.
So I have to fix my model and I don't know how, it would be nice to move this thread into the model section I think, because I think the trigger guys can't help here anymore
But would be nice if someone would have an idea

Did you even read my post?

Level 3
Yes I did, but well I didn't know what you did mean with linger, but if you meaned the model was causing problems, so you were right,too:thumbs_up:

read my post or be forever silent.

Okay I fixed it finaly !

The solution is :
Add to the model Birth, Stand, Death.
Stand doesn't suffice, so just adding all this animations to the model.
Trigger geniuses like you Redscore should know, that Wc3 is asking for these 3 animations, so someone should realy be forever silent before he is finalising someone who hasn't got very much expierience like other guys here with the world editor.
And stop argue with each other at all, that doesn't help anybody :grin:

Level 21
Ehm, you are dumb right? I did not even know that the model you used had no death animation and if you turn on your brain, and check your thread, theres no point where you said that the model has no death animation.

And of course i know that models which have no death animation are first removed after the end of the animation of the unit/special effect, thats mostly abused in spellmaking to make it easier to create spells with nice effects but without storing the effect in a variable (because you only need to show the effect 1 time up, because of that you can instantly remove the effect and the effect will still play his whole animation but wont leak).

Status
Not open for further replies.