• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Remove error sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
The generic error sound (Error.wav) which plays i.e. when you attempt using an ability on cooldown, or targeting unit you can't attack.

Does anyone know if it's possible to turn this off, or replace it with something else?

Was thinking that perhaps I could create an "empty" sound file to play instead, by overriding the current one. But can't seem to find anything to help me fix this.

Any help or ideas are very welcome!

Level 6
The generic error sound (Error.wav) which plays i.e. when you attempt using an ability on cooldown, or targeting unit you can't attack.

Does anyone know if it's possible to turn this off, or replace it with something else?

Was thinking that perhaps I could create an "empty" sound file to play instead, by overriding the current one. But can't seem to find anything to help me fix this.

Any help or ideas are very welcome!
Yes, you can simply override the sound with an imported one. All you need to do is:
1) Create a replacement for the sound;
2) Open the sound editor;
3) Open the "Sound" folder;
4) Open the "Interface" folder;
5) Find the "Error.wav" file, right click it and override it with your audio file.

Level 5
Yes, you can simply override the sound with an imported one. All you need to do is:
1) Create a replacement for the sound;
2) Open the sound editor;
3) Open the "Sound" folder;
4) Open the "Interface" folder;
5) Find the "Error.wav" file, right click it and override it with your audio file.

Freakin' awesome! Thanks that works like a charm ;) Or the method works I mean - tested it by replacing it with a frog sound. Definitely more interesting, but hardly an improvement; it will work just like I want, once i implement the right sound.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Btw, do you know if this means that I can't use the Error.wav sound effect in custom triggers?

Level 5
Freakin' awesome! Thanks that works like a charm ;) Or the method works I mean - tested it by replacing it with a frog sound. Definitely more interesting, but hardly an improvement; it will work just like I want, once i implement the right sound.

Btw, do you know if this means that I can't use the Error.wav sound effect in custom triggers?

Just tested that myself, and it seems like it does - too bad :/ However, should be an easy fix to implemen a custom error sound, and just use that instead.

Level 6

I'm happy that I managed to help :)

If you use the sound via trigger it will play the the sound that you replaced it with.
Just tested that myself, and it seems like it does - too bad :/ However, should be an easy fix to implemen a custom error sound, and just use that instead.

I'm not sure if I understood correctly, but if you want to use the default sound for your triggers, you can try to:
1) Open another map;
2) Go to the sound editor;
3) Find again the "Error.wav" file;
4) Right click it and export it;
5) Open again your map and import the error sound that you exported. You should then be able to use the default error sound in your triggers.

Level 5
I'm happy that I managed to help :)

If you use the sound via trigger it will play the the sound that you replaced it with.

I'm not sure if I understood correctly, but if you want to use the default sound for your triggers, you can try to:
1) Open another map;
2) Go to the sound editor;
3) Find again the "Error.wav" file;
4) Right click it and export it;
5) Open again your map and import the error sound that you exported. You should then be able to use the default error sound in your triggers.

Yeah, that's what I meant ;) Probably didn't explain it properly. Should be no problem to just use it like that (y)

Thanks a again ;)

Level 5
Haha, now I seems to have the problem though, that I can't remove the replaced sound or replace it

Level 5
Haha, now I seems to have the problem though, that I can't remove the replaced sound or replace it

Scratch that, found out I just had to remove the imported sound file from the import windows ;)

Sorry for the spam - it will stop now :D everything is working

Status
Not open for further replies.