• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

regrowable trees on the map? is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i seen some games where the trees once destroy will regrow. i wonder how does this happens? can someone guide me?

Level 2
thanks but with so many trees in my map is there any good way to make them regrow after a certain time?

as refering to above unless i make a very big array and record all the location of the trees in my map or i will not be able to make them grow in place after sometime. am i correct?

Level 8
2 easy triggers can regrow trees on a map. Best of all their pretty simple :)

Solution 1 (if u Have World Editor Unlimited)

Regrow 1
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Advanced - Turn regrowing trees for everyone on True

Solution 2(if u dont have World Editor Unlimited)

Regrow 2
Events
Destructible - A destructible within Entire Map <gen> dies
Conditions
(Destructible-type of (Dying destructible)) Equal to Summer Tree Wall
Actions
Wait 120.00 seconds
Destructible - Create a Summer Tree Wall at (Position of (Dying destructible)) facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0

Either trigger will get the job done. As for the Destructible - A destructible within Entire Map <gen> dies, just make a region called entire map and make it stretch across the entire map (or whatever region your going to be regrowing trees in)

Level 32
This simple trigger will also regrow trees:

Code:
Regrow Trees
    Events
        Destructible - A destructible within (Playable map area) dies
    Conditions
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Destructible-type of (Dying destructible)) Equal to Summer Tree Wall
                (Destructible-type of (Dying destructible)) Equal to Northrend Canopy Tree
    Actions
        Wait 60.00 seconds
        Destructible - Resurrect (Dying destructible) with (Max life of (Dying destructible)) life and Show birth animation

Notes:
  • If desired, choose a certain region in place of (Playable map area).
  • A condition indicating the type of tree(s) must be specified, otherwise barrels, rock chunks and other destructibles will be resurrected.
  • Change the value of “Wait” to whatever you wish.

Level 6
It adds new actions to WE and removes the dood-ad cap. and makes it easier to mess around with tile-sets. search: WEU (world editor unlimmited) in the search bar and you should find a forum that gives you the link for it

Right. And there is another tool (that is almost the WEU brother) called WE No-Limits. It raises the map size cap up to 480x480 (big, yes) and the same thing with no-dodds-limit. Then the lag caused might be ur problem xD.

(In home until wednesday)

Status
Not open for further replies.