• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reducing the weight of a model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey there!

Still working on my Warhammer 40k project, I found this great necron model, but it is far too heavy to be used... If someone could give me a hand and lighten this model I would be grateful to the helper!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Necron Lord.mdx
    827.2 KB · Views: 41
  • necron_lord01_default.blp
    148.2 KB · Views: 37
  • necron_lord02_default.blp
    145.6 KB · Views: 36
Here you go. I deleted 2 talk animations and ran it through Ghostwolf's MDX/M3 optimizer (in the tools section).

Don't be fooled by the size. It says 705 kb, but once you save it in your map, it'll only take up 265.8 kb (272204 bytes). This is because maps use zlib compression to compress the files they contain, and Ghostwolf's tool optimizes the data for zlib compression. It is kinda similar to zipping a file (note how this attached zip is 228.7 kb, but the contents are 705 kb). The MPQ compression is very similar, probably just an older algorithm.

Attachments

• NecronLordOpt_v2.zip
    228.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.