• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reduce Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi!
Firstly, yes I read about some things to reduce lag.

I am currently modifying an unprotected version of angel Arena Eclipse version 23.5
I would like to know why there is a little lag everytime you kill a unit and how avoid it.

I checked the trigger,reduce special effect on the map etc... but it still happens.
You can check the map yourself

Attachments

• Angel Arena Eclipse 23.5.w3x
    7.6 MB · Views: 62
Level 9
You start debugging by eliminating all factors that might cause the problem. I.e. turn off all the triggers that are affected when a unit dies. Then start turning them on one by one until you find the one that causes the lag. Then start going through that trigger. If you can't figure out what would cause the lag just by reading the script, then repeat the earlier procedure in a smaller scale and turn off the individual functions. Then again, start turning them on one by one until you can pin point the exact function that causes the lag. Then if you can figure out what's wrong with the function, post it here.

Level 9
You start debugging by eliminating all factors that might cause the problem. I.e. turn off all the triggers that are affected when a unit dies. Then start turning them on one by one until you find the one that causes the lag. Then start going through that trigger. If you can't figure out what would cause the lag just by reading the script, then repeat the earlier procedure in a smaller scale and turn off the individual functions. Then again, start turning them on one by one until you can pin point the exact function that causes the lag. Then if you can figure out what's wrong with the function, post it here.

Well I've got hours of testing ,thanks ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.